Ecotricity - not hugely reliable?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogsetc

Seems a bit churlish complaining about something that's free, but my track record of success with these isn't great. Okay I've probably only used them 5 or 6 times, but last night was a complete fail - it just kept say 'synchronization error' and wouldn't work at all. The time before that it only added about 10% charge, which was frustrating as I'd sat in the car for 20 minutes waiting and thinking it was still charging.

So based on my very limited experience I'm getting about 60-70% success rate. Is this typical?

I have had one half of one machine not working in about 20 charges. So very happy here.

CJ

Another annoying thing is the rapid chargers at the motorway services. Yes they have 2 cables (1 slow, 1 fast), however can only charge 1 vehicle. Really would like to stop and use the rapid charger at Heston Services if I've had a good run through London but every time I stop there is an all electric vehicle plugged into the slow charge point, so I can't use it. Thinks its part of his daily commute.

Ozukus said:
Another annoying thing is the rapid chargers at the motorway services. Yes they have 2 cables (1 slow, 1 fast), however can only charge 1 vehicle. Really would like to stop and use the rapid charger at Heston Services if I've had a good run through London but every time I stop there is an all electric vehicle plugged into the slow charge point, so I can't use it. Thinks its part of his daily commute.

Why would anyone plug up to a slow charger in a motorway service area? In half an hour, you are going to take on enough charge to run about 4 miles - do people really sit there for multiple hours?

I occasionally get a 'synchronization error' when I leave my EV on charge at Heston Services where I work in the coffee shop. It's really convenient having one so close to work though.

I've used them about 6 times and never had a problem except once I turned the ignition on to charge my sons Ipad and of course it shuts off if you do that so that was my own fault.

Back