Electricity Bill!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
avensys said:
DrSlackBladder said:
£20/month isn't too bad; just doing a quick calculation on my tariff with my daily charging pattern it will be 30 days x 11kWh @ £0.1669/kWh = £55/month.
Hi,
A maximum charge according to my usage meter is 12.2KWh, and my daily average charge is 10KWh.

The KWh rate you get is very poor. I just swapped to Sainsburys Energy as they are 9.5p per KWh and the same rate all day.

Kind regards,
Mark

Yes, I'm beginning to realise that! Already shopping around for a better deal :roll:

DrSlackBladder said:
avensys said:
DrSlackBladder said:
£20/month isn't too bad; just doing a quick calculation on my tariff with my daily charging pattern it will be 30 days x 11kWh @ £0.1669/kWh = £55/month.
Hi,
A maximum charge according to my usage meter is 12.2KWh, and my daily average charge is 10KWh.

The KWh rate you get is very poor. I just swapped to Sainsburys Energy as they are 9.5p per KWh and the same rate all day.

Kind regards,
Mark

Yes, I'm beginning to realise that! Already shopping around for a better deal :roll:

Are you on a straight KwH rate or do you pay a per day standing charge too? If my supplier (SSE) is anything to go by, I'm paying about 24pence per day, on top of 10.6pence per KwH. Do your sums before jumping from the frying pan. ;) I'll be looking around when my fixed price contract ends, unfortunately not for another 8 months.

Utility Warehouse is who I have my Gas/Electric/phone and broadband with. Always seem pretty competitive. I am budgeting for around £20pm extra on the electric bill so good to see Maby has backed up my thinking.

avensys said:
DrSlackBladder said:
Hi,

Kind regards,
Mark
Which tariff is that Mark? I'm in the process of moving to Sainsburys and the cheapest rate I could find was 9.993pkwh with a 26p standing charge (Fixed price January 2016).

Paurrrl

[/quote]

Are you on a straight KwH rate or do you pay a per day standing charge too? If my supplier (SSE) is anything to go by, I'm paying about 24pence per day, on top of 10.6pence per KwH. Do your sums before jumping from the frying pan. ;) I'll be looking around when my fixed price contract ends, unfortunately not for another 8 months.[/quote]

No standing charge, just a 16.69p/kWh currently.....will have to do some market research.........

Paule23 said:
avensys said:
DrSlackBladder said:
Hi,

Kind regards,
Mark
Which tariff is that Mark? I'm in the process of moving to Sainsburys and the cheapest rate I could find was 9.993pkwh with a 26p standing charge (Fixed price January 2016).

Paurrrl
Hi,
I think it was price fix until Nov 15. However, the one you mention now came up £62 cheaper per annum for me but I would have an early exit fee of £60 to pay. It sounds as though they may have increased the unit charge slightly but maybe reduced the standing charge. In any event, I used Money Saving Expert energy club to do the comparison and went with the cheapest for me at the time I compared. Think I get £30 back as well.
Kind regards,
Mark

£20/month =£240/year. I used to pay more than that just for the VED on my RR Sport. My running costs to date over 3000 miles and including elec costs to get a total gallons equivalent,gives me just over 60 mpg,more than double the RR Sport.
A major cost on the Range Rover was replacing the tyres,a new set every 35000 miles was over £1000,so be interested to see my tyre costs after a few years use.

Back