ev Home Charger Vs 3pin Home Charger

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Am786

Hi All,

I have a 2015 PHEV, 45k on the clock.

I bought the car just a few months ago and have been using the 3pin home charger whilst I waited for the external ev charger (EO Mini Pro).

Using my 3pin home charger I was getting a consistent 19miles on a fully charged battery.

Now I have an external ev charger (EO Mini Pro), I see on the app that the battery is full, but indicator says 70% stored and 15 miles on the charged battery.

When I charged the battery at the shopping centre on a Pod Point, I get 29 miles on a fully charged battery.

Whats going on with the mileage?
Is my battery degraded to 70%?
Is the battery under warranty which expires this year in June?

I have a 2014 car with the same mileage and am getting about 20 miles per charge.

You don't say where you live but assuming it is in UK then these figures seem OK. The supermarket charge will be misleading because the guessometer will calculate range based on last journey - so a downhill drive there will make it think you are going to continue with low battery use.

I don't have a home charger point so can't comment on the difference in range there (are you using the App to control charging?).

What is important is the actual range you get, not what the guessometer thinks.

Unless your home chargepoint is stopping the charge, it's the car that manages the charging. Both the chargepoint and the granny cable simply pass AC power into the car along with information about the maximum power available, and the car works out what to do with it.

Are you taking into account that it's now winter and the range will drop by 25% on a cold day? Our 2016 PHEV has 65k miles, and shows 17-20 miles on the GOM at this time of year.

Or are you saying the the dash battery display isn't full when the chargepoint has finished charging?

Back