EV range map is not realtime.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steepndeep

Hi

Decided to play with the EV range map the other day. It shows a circle around the car with the radius being the remaining distance. Could be useful when having alternate routes to choose from, not the most important feature but anyhow I decided to try it. I was looking forward to seeing the radius shrink while driving but it did not. It is just a value given for exactly the time you activate the EV range map, not a realtime feature. So it went directly from a mildly useful feature to another example of Mitsubishi Lousy Usability to archive in the, by now, rather large bucket of those examples.

anko said:
You have a use case for "realtime updating of the circle"?

Sure

While you move it is cool and maybe usefully to have an update of the EV range in real time ... especially if somebody want to know if he can make it to reach the next charging point :geek: (which can be shown on the MAP .. and are even free update for these points)

But ... considering the limited range of the PHEV ... it is a quite useless feature, but since they put it in .. it is looking like it was implemented only half ... so they could have even avoid to waste time on putting it in first place

Anyhow ... the software/firmware in the PHEV MMCS it is well known to be "half baked"

I always thought it was a snap shot estimate of how far your range could take you. I assumed as it wasn't triggered from the main map display that there would be no real time update.

For it's intended purpose it works. I think what the OP is asking for is an additional functional requirement for the main map display.

elm70 said:
While you move it is cool and maybe usefully to have an update of the EV range in real time ... especially if somebody want to know if he can make it to reach the next charging point :geek:
Right. I would think this is something you check on departure and not while already on route? So, what's the point of making it real time? It is a planning tool.

#anko

First, why on earth would you not make it realtime if you want to have it?

My usecase is, highwaydriving in save or charge. Arriving in new city, various alternative routes through the city, which route gets me through on the charge level I have in EV only. And no, I seriously do not think everyone can plan this before start. Kids want to eat etc.

Steepndeep said:
Sure. But my question is: why would you want to have it?
Steepndeep said:
My usecase is, highwaydriving in save or charge. Arriving in new city, various alternative routes through the city, which route gets me through on the charge level I have in EV only. And no, I seriously do not think everyone can plan this before start. Kids want to eat etc.
Must be me, but I don't see how a dynamic range circle is going to help you with any of these 'challenges'.

anko said:
Steepndeep said:
Sure. But my question is: why would you want to have it?
Steepndeep said:
Must be me, but I don't see how a dynamic range circle is going to help you with any of these 'challenges'.

Come on anko, come on ... I'm sure you've perfectly understood the idea ;)

I'm really confused, I thought the map showed the total range (EV + petrol).

I'll have to look again.

Back