EV Range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,
I have only had my PHEV a couple of weeks and im learning. What I would like to understand is the following

OK the days here are typically not that warm, and as i cant preheat the ICE is in use for the first part of my journey but it also kicks in a lot during the journey.

So my typical commute is 35 miles local roads some town driving, and up not above 50mph. Im using Eco mode. Fully charged range suggests 26 miles at the start of my journey.

Im getting a typical EV percentage of about 48 percent, and ave millage of 40 ish miles per gallon and getting home with still 11 ish miles of electric left.

Is this normal. I really am driving carefully with steady acceleration. IM not using paddles, just "D"

Is there a way i can use more of the Electric miles rather than getting home with unused electric.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards
Kev

micropilot999 said:
All,
I have only had my PHEV a couple of weeks and im learning. What I would like to understand is the following

OK the days here are typically not that warm, and as i cant preheat the ICE is in use for the first part of my journey but it also kicks in a lot during the journey.

So my typical commute is 35 miles local roads some town driving, and up not above 50mph. Im using Eco mode. Fully charged range suggests 26 miles at the start of my journey.

Im getting a typical EV percentage of about 48 percent, and ave millage of 40 ish miles per gallon and getting home with still 11 ish miles of electric left.

Is this normal. I really am driving carefully with steady acceleration. IM not using paddles, just "D"

Is there a way i can use more of the Electric miles rather than getting home with unused electric.

Regards
Kev

Hi Kev,

Welcome to the myoutlanderPHEV Forum.

What year and Model is your PHEV?

micropilot999 said:
..., and as i cant preheat ...
Meaning you don't have an electric heater? Then this may be what you are in for.

What does "the days here are typically not that warm" mean?
What is your temperature setting on the A/C?

micropilot999 said:
All,

Regards
Kev

I must be missing something….your commute is 35 miles, but you return home with 11 miles of battery range remaining ??

Unless you are using the Save button you shouldn’t be returning home with any EV range. Even in optimum conditions the PHEV will struggle to do more than 25-30 miles on EV, so how can you do 35 and still have a load of battery capacity left ?

anko said:
geoffshep69 said:
I must be missing something….
Perhaps you are. As long as the ICE is running to provide heat, you are not discharging the battery. Do that long enough and you will end up with leftover SOC.

Ah OK, so presumably he has a car with no electric heater ? Missed that bit

All,

So i guess the question is how do i get it to use more of the Electric so im not getting home having only 48% EV driving. Even though im driving carefully etc

Regards
Kev

micropilot999 said:
All,

So i guess the question is how do i get it to use more of the Electric so im not getting home having only 48% EV driving. Even though im driving carefully etc

Regards
Kev

See my earlier post about turning the heat off before you get home - the cabin will take time to cool down while you drive in EV. no point in wasting the heat after you get home :?:

Micropilot999, you were asked about year and model of your car, whether your car has an electric heater or not, what your ambient temp is, what your set temp is. But there is no response fro you. Perhaps you should answer these questions. Might give people a better opportunity to really help :idea:

Back