Flat tryes??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit

Anyone out there had a flat tyre in their phev? How did you go getting back on the road?

Thinking of buying one. Should I be concerned that it doesn't come with a spare tyre??

Call the AA. They will plug it for you or sort you out. It is rather normal nowadays that cars come without a spare, it appears.

rabbit said:
Anyone out there had a flat tyre in their phev? How did you go getting back on the road?

Thinking of buying one. Should I be concerned that it doesn't come with a spare tyre??

Had a screw stuck in rear tyre the first week!
Noticed it looked a bit flat and it was in fact down to 15psi.
Used the supplied compressor to pump it up to 40 and drove to the nearest tyre place to have it fixed.
I now carry some plugs and the tool to insert them.
Come to think of it, the last few punctures I had with various cars always had a nail or screw in them and I fixed them with a plug on the spot.

HHL said:
rabbit said:

Had a screw stuck in rear tyre the first week!
Noticed it looked a bit flat and it was in fact down to 15psi.
Used the supplied compressor to pump it up to 40 and drove to the nearest tyre place to have it fixed.
I now carry some plugs and the tool to insert them.
Come to think of it, the last few punctures I had with various cars always had a nail or screw in them and I fixed them with a plug on the spot.

Ditto - but note that an independent fitter is more likely to fix it than one of the big chains who will want to sell you a new tyre (or 2 as both are supposed to be changed on the same axle on 4WD cars) and they'll probably do it on the spot.

PS. Still haven't got my own plug kit :oops:

The tyre plugs you get in those kits are only temporary and need to be replaced with a proper plug which can only be fitted from the inside. I believe the tyres with the temporary plugs are also speed limited.

Back