Free Charger Unit via Rolec TLGEC OLEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentishSteve

D day today for Steve in Folkestone with my free "Rolec Home Charger Unit OLEV" I thought I do this thread to show how my experience has been for this Rolec unit, I knew my PHEV was going to be late November so started the process with Rolec pretty swiftly,"The Little Green Energy Company" was my local fitter based in Kent,also taking into account Rolec's advice at the start of the process,I decided to go with the "32A 7.2KW Type 1 tethered charger unit" it was free for this upgraded spec with them so happy days I was thinking :) so let's start with photos below

bush

9wGvg3n.jpg

I butchered the bush over the weekend :geek:

5LYrvce.jpg

Now let's have a good laugh of my drawing :lol:
hvKrU3z.jpg

laVhEgJ.jpg

VQptkDy.jpg

XfJ5HbC.jpg

SIM card reader unit to the right of the consumer unit
B319BnN.jpg

mhn6FML.jpg

aPuFNKo.jpg

8m2SUkN.jpg

I'm well happy with the blue rather then the green trimming on the Rolec unit,much more suttle in my view,

Great post, I love the picture of where the unit needs to go!

Amazing the amount of email traffic/conversations that are required for what should be a relatively straightforward installation. At least I'm forewarned for mine now.

Yeah I think it's good to help others out on time scale etc, right I have been out ruled by the Mrs to move the unit under the window :lol: at least I be in her good books now ;) she said it look nicer under the window, yep you are the boss :cool:

0And8s9.jpg

KxgVDpz.jpg

WTTEQOm.jpg

ibM6Yr7.jpg

A few tests been completed we are now done & dusted under 4 hours :D

gSnKF2k.jpg

bmDgXut.jpg

qIPCzlK.jpg

yIUKDOu.jpg

aoWk0H7.jpg

The fitter was great and very friendly, next week I get my PHEV hopefully :p

he even left me lots of slack in the cable run internally just in case I need to move the unit in the future because my garage may be turned into a bigger kitchen area with a bay window instead of the internal garage because I have another garage built on the other side of the house :)

Older photo from the queens jubilee 2012 so you can see the whole house front, oh yeah RIP Range Rover Sport for the new greener vehicles
ce14z.jpg

I have to say I'm extremely happy that the fitter was kind enough to do that cable slack for me :mrgreen: I didn't spend a 1p for it all,I did offer a tip for his work today but he was happy with the tea and biscuits so politely declined my offer , the whole process from this company has been fantastic I 100% recommend these guys to any fellow Kent PHEV owners in due course simply by my experience to date ;)

-----------

Break down of communications from start to finish

Spoke to Steve @ Rolec
07/10/14 10.21 AM
Spoke to Steve @ Rolec
10/10/14 11.13 AM
---
the little green energy company in Kent telephoned me on 13/10/14 12.29 AM

Various e-mails exchanges
13/10/14

17/10/14 11.40am
contract / pics / videos

20/10/14
13.21pm & 17.15pm
e-mail exchange & telephone call about my layout,pics sent and contract signed

24/10/14
10.20am
Signed contract again because new terms was in place via Rolec under the new OLEV grant scheme terms and condition was updated due to above

This was basically outlining 1 free unit per household / or to confirm I haven't used the scheme before & I have in fact got a PHEV on order and various other ticks & crosses, I'm for one is amazed the government didn't do this in the first place "talk about dumbos running the country" more tax payers money down the drain due to some people not really needing the units previously just getting them for the sake of it, so I was happy for the tighter contract conditions

29/10/14 13.04pm
New contract terms accepted by Rolec

31/10/14 11.00am
Unit arrived with TLGEC
fitting should commence anytime after 15th November

10/11/14 12.04pm
Installation date for Rolec unit 17th November

12/11/14 9.00am
electric supply number "MPAN"

17/11/14 8.22am
curtisy call to let me know the fitter will be with me late morning

11.00am
fitter arrived

14.50pm
job completed

You might be in SWMBO's good books for agreeing the re-siting of your charge unit, but what does she think of your horticultural skills? :twisted:

BTW, why did you want it outside the garage you might not have, instead of inside the one you'll keep? Or are you one of those people who leave their £35K cars outside, and fill their garage with junk? ;)

I learnt a long time ago never fight SWMBO's views :p you are bang on I'm "guilty as charged brigade" I do fill my garage with junk :oops: the only time I never was a period a few years back when I had this as my fun summertime / weekends vehicle
bimJ4.png

picture was down Hastings a few years ago before the pier fire, I do miss the Trike at times mind you with 3500litre rover engine perhaps I should just keep the garage filled with junk :twisted: he!he!

Back