g3h+ help

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austen

I am considering the purchase of a g3h+, trading in my RAV4 hybrid, I am visiting the dealer on Friday for inspection of my car however the G3H+ won't be there. I have previously test driven a G4H.

I am aware of the specifications and considering I will mainly using the car for taking out the dog, taking my model aircraft to the field and all the usual local journeys-post office, library, supermarket DIY store etc etcI feel the 3h+ is adequate.

However can users of that model advise me of the information available in terms of MPG? ( the RAV has 1) since last refuel, 2) since reset and 3) current trip)

Hi,

We're quite new PHEV owners so, I'll tell you our thoughts and experiences so far.

We had a 1.6dci 4x4 Qashqai before, not that common but a lovely car. At the time my wife was doing 60 miles on B roads. We averaged 41 mpg over its life. Excluding towing when it managed 25mpg

So a job change to just 6 miles changed things, that just didn't suit a diesel, we had a couple of dpf warnings. So what to change to ?

It does appear diesels are taking a hammering, residuals are dropping but....

If you're a high mileage user there maybe no choice.

At best the PHEV is a 2 tonne petrol car, so it's never going to be amazing, but you have to think about your travel profile;

Short trips are amazing, for about £1 electricity you get about 27-25 miles, longer than that then you have to imagine the benefits lessen. You can profile this by using the save button so you can use the battery for the least economic sections.

Over longer distances this changes on the motorway we've managed 44 mpg over 130 mile trips with a charged battery at a steady 70mph

Towing about 25-30 mpg so far

So it's all about your trip profile and ability to charge.

We have managed 940 miles and used £42 in petrol and a calculated £18 in electricity. (Not 100% as some have been free charges )

But it's a nice car, quiet easy to drive and different, no regrets so far.

Hi, I am also very new to Outlander ownership but can confirm that the mpg you get will depend on your usage profile.

We have a Juro model which is effectively the MY17 equivalent of the G3H+. In 5 weeks we have covered just 600 miles. Mostly short journeys of less than 20 miles, one 70mile round trip and about five 50 mile round trips. Thus far I have used 15 litres of fuel which equates to about 180mpg.

Expenditure so far petrol £20 (Premium unleaded) + electricity £12 (@12.7p per kWh).

Compared with the elderly LR Disco 3 it replaced this is nothing short of miraculous. No doubt the consumption will increase substantially on longer journeys.

I have been driving my 3+ since the end of February last year and have passed 41,000 miles. It is a company car and spends a lot of time on the motorway where I use my sat nav to set he cruise control at 72mph (75 on the speedo) whenever possible. 35 mpg is the norm.

When I leave the office with a full charge, I can travel the 11 miles home at 900mpg, but if I leave and drive for 6 hours to Scotland or Cornwall, it's a near two tonne petrol SUV. Albeit a very quiet, comfortable one, but what do you expect.

I love the spec. I can pre heat or pre cool, I don't get frustrated by the MMCS and I don't have full leather, which I hate. What's not to like?

Thanks for all the positive statements, despite already owning a Hybrid car I still feel some trepidation over the PHEV.

I've just looked at my mileages since 23 May and apart from one 100 mile round trip which is very unusual my average per day was 20 miles only exceeding 25 on 5 occasions with a maximum of 44. Also having just changed my energy supplier the £20.00 per month saved can now pay for the charging. OK - I've talked myself into it.

Back