Got it - week one reflections

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

Picked up my grey GX4hs on 1 March, then promptly went to South Africa for two days, so I've only actually had about three days in the car, all local driving - but a few first impressions:

The quiet is spooky - my kids find it hysterical, I love it.

Saving charge is addictive - I've come from a Discovery where I was lucky to get 25mpg. Apart from driving 50 miles back from the dealer (65mpg) I've used no petrol in my first 40 miles or so, so it now becomes about maximising my batteries. I was decidedly miffed when i accelerated uphill and the ICE kicked in for about fifty yards!

The timed heating is fantastic - and means that I don't need to put the climate on at all for 90% of my journeys, as it's still warm by the time I get home again.

The charging door feels crap - maybe it's the size combined with the light weight, but it feels really flimsy. In fact, probably my only negative feelings about the car are the overall quality feel compared with my Discovery (but then again it cost about fifteen grand less).

The MMCS is MILES better than I was expecting - it's at least as responsive as the one in my Discovery, and apart from it not knowing Radio 5 was Radio 5, it's all good. I would like to be able to tell it to open up on a different page than the map, but it's only a couple of clicks.

All in all, at this stage glad I've made the switch - looking forward to learning more about the car as time goes by.

Got mine on Monday (ordered early Feb, waited for a 15 plate) 4H models seem in good supply.

After all the rubbishing the MMCS has been getting on here, like you, I was expecting the worst. But, so far no complaints, it's responsive, the sat nav is way better than on my 8 year old S Max. Love also all the options for music: SD card USB & CD & the DAB radio.

Also like the heated seats, missed them on my last car, I prefer to have the car cooler with the heated seat on, which also helps the battery.

Love the flappy paddles, it's fun trying not to use the brakes.

The weekend's job is to try and eliminate or reduce all those beeps, particularly the rear door.

Ray

Yes, I've got radio 5, in fact that's one of the benefits of DAB is to listen to radio 5 as MW reception is so poor.

The other thing is I was expecting to be massively irritated by the beeps - bit having had a Volvo XC 60 before my LR, I don't think they're too bad. I've got in the habit of turning off LDW when I start up, but it doesn't seem to do much else.

I seem to have a problem with bluetooth and my iPhone 6 - calls seems ok, music's fine, but when I try to upload the phone book it drops the connection.

Back