Gx3h vs gx4h and motorway mpg

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarette

I've been lurking here for a while, thanks everyone for the great informative posts!
I finally took the plunge, and my gx4h arrived a few weeks ago.

I wasn't sure whether to go gx3h or gx4, but am really pleased I upgraded. The lights are great, ditto sunroof, camera, heated seats and wheel. well worth the extra money. Parking with the camera is great. If you want to drive electric only I think the heated seats are a must, as if you turn the heater on, the battery gets killed!
The dab radio is good, and apart from the scary voice the satnav is good too, less hassle than using a phone. I disabled the somewhat pointless electric boot release on day 2.

The car is super quiet at low speed, and will cruise comfortably at 85-90. It feels pretty rapid, and is quite fun to put your foot down. 0-60 in ten seconds, acceleration good at all speeds.

Most of our regular trips will be electric, but I've done quite a few motorway miles recently.
Mpg has been interesting, This is what I'm seeing (after I've used the electric up). Better than expected,

85 mph - 20mpg. Gulp. This may have been unusually heavy as it was a little uphill.
75-80mph - 30-32mpg
Country driving. 30-60mph - 50mpg.

Off to the alps next week!

There is no reason to disable the electric. boot release - pushing the button on the back twice will release it manually and beepless, just pushing the door down will close it manually. If one has dogs, or one's hands full, the electric one is a blessing, though.

The electric tailgate is useful when approaching the car in the supermarket car park, when you can open the door as you're arriving. I always seem to need two clicks on the fob button to open the rear door - is this a feature, or am I holding it wrong? :)

My attempt at cruising at 75 mph also returned 30 mpg. Must try going a bit slower ...

Off topic: just managed our first run to the local town (25 miles return) purely on electric - either we're getting better at efficient driving, or the battery improves with (slightly) warmer temperatures (or both, of course).

Ahh, thanks Jaap - didn't know you could manually close the boot in electric mode.
The two clicks to open is a feature.

Cheers!

Back