Heated front windscreen

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidf

Why is there no heated front windscreen on right hand drive models surely this is more efficient then the heater

I've had heated windscreens on previous vehicles for 20 years and can't say I miss it especially as the dashcam now gets GPS instantly on Mitsubishi which it didn't on my last LR

I find preheat on charging or rapid demist when not works just as well

Davidf said:
Why is there no heated front windscreen on right hand drive models surely this is more efficient then the heater

I have heated front windscreen on my ICE, when it's wet and dark the fine filaments end up reducing the visibility.

I was always under the impression that the electrically heated windscreens were a Ford product and therefore only appeared on Ford related vehicles such as Jags. However I had 3 Volvos when they were part of the Ford stable and they didn't have them on safety grounds - as was explained to me by Volvo. I must say the Jag I had was fitted with such a screen and visibility in strong sunlight was reduced so on balance I am happy with the arrangement in the PHEV. Something else to not go wrong.

I really miss the heated windscreen from my Ford S-max - never had any problems with reduced visibility. That and the one-touch locking/un-locking of all four windows from the keyfob would be the two easy wins for my MY2018 Outlander... (sorry I know that's running in a different thread.... :lol: )

16 years ago I had a Ford Mondeo with a heated screen. It was great in the winter for defrosting the screen however the first summer I drove to the Loire valley on holiday and on several occasions the screen went silvery and I could not see where I was driving. Very dangerous especially as I had all the family in the car but it was out of my control. You can't exactly pull over on a major trunk road or peage.
I would hope in the intervening years that this issue has been reduced.
On the occasions when my PHEV has been frosted the preheat has been a great benefit as it defrosts the car and makes it warm at the same time although I cannot do this for return journey without using up the battery.

We had a fiesta in the past with the heated screen and can't say we experienced any issues with visibility day or night, rain or shine. A heated screen was on my requirements list for my new car as I missed it so much, but I compromised given the pre-heat does a good job. Would be good though to have it and remove the need to use the drive battery for heating and air con once on the move.

I have the heated windscreen, but apparently it only works if temperature is 5 degrees or less. :eek:
Does anyone know if it is possible to change this setting?
Not much use for it in Lisbon (only one or two days a year with this sort of temperatures...). :(

Back