Help with App Connection

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave13

Hi ALL

Day 1 in the PHEV house, looks beautiful (black by the way) got my phone paired and contacts imported no probs, I then tried to do the App, followed the instructions got in, kept foot off brake pressed ACC to on, pressed the lock open ten times, I am getting two beeps but my phone 5c can not find this REMOTE network, I have got the code and password but my phone will just not find the network. My phone picks up my wifi and loads of others in the street but not the mitsuibishi one. Am I being stupid?

Any suggestions

Cheers

Dave

No you're not being stupid. I've given up on the remote app. It's been there,occasionally, sometimes from first floor window so my iphone can "see" the passenger side (where transmitter is located) but its gone again so I'd forgotten about it till your post reminded me :?

I have a 5c and an android S5 connected no drama but many do have some difficulty. The two beeps indicate one phone is connected so if you've not got any others paired then the next step is checking the SSID (remotexxxx).

Have you got a friend who can search for your ssid (not connect, just check it's broadcast, they don't need to go through the pairing steps. If it us, I'd just pull down on your iphone wifi page to refresh and see if it picks it up then. You need to be only a few metres from the car, for the first time best just to sit in the car! Here's a reminder page (but sounds like you are doing it right so far) http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

Just to check you are doing the 10 on/offs in a total of under 10 seconds, ie very quickly. Good luck, it's a useful app for pre cooling or preheating the car so worth persevering IMO.

Back