How many miles (or km) have you managed on one tank?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pence per mile works for me mate - easy to do once you know your pence per kwh from your leccy tariff ;)

I certainly hope to beat my current 22p per mile my scooby is returning :lol: :oops:

Hi Guys

I've been lurking in the background for a couple of months and finally got round to signing up.

With regard the how many miles on a tank my best is 430. I have had the car for 2 weeks and already driven it 1400 miles and filled up 4 times.

I am not sure the car was the right choice but my company put me in it. I currently do 120 miles a day, 60 miles to and 60 miles back from the office (with odd days working from home and on site). As this is all motorway and I have no where to charge at work the fuel tank (which is tiny compared to my old passat) emptys quite quickly.

Hi baldboater and welcome.

Mmmm, that sounds like an interesting decision. Hope you are enjoying the car, benefitting from the ev range at the weekend, and are overall better off BIK and fuel-wise even if you are one of the few owners visiting the petrol station more often now. Are you joining fuelly - would be interesting to see how your consumption pans out.
Cheers
H

Hi Baldboater, I'd second what Hypermiler says - seems an odd decision to push you down that route and then not provide you with charging facilities at work ;). Still, you'll be saving a packet on BIK.

Are you getting 'free' private fuel? If so you might want to check that it still works out in your favour as it often will not, unless you are doing high private miles.

I have signed up for fuelly and will start usingnirnat the next fill up (probably monday). Just as side note i only got 29 mpg today (ac on, lights wipers etc)

I love the car amd i am saving on BIK so i am happy. And if i can get a charge at work it will make a massive difference to my economy.

I dont get private fuel and when on business i get the standard rate of 16p per mile (i think). So make a bit on the first 25 -30 .

baldboater said:
I have signed up for fuelly and will start usingnirnat the next fill up (probably monday). Just as side note i only got 29 mpg today (ac on, lights wipers etc)

I love the car amd i am saving on BIK so i am happy. And if i can get a charge at work it will make a massive difference to my economy.

I dont get private fuel and when on business i get the standard rate of 16p per mile (i think). So make a bit on the first 25 -30 .

What you describe is actually pretty close to what you describe, so I feel your pain... At least you aren't paying for the car and the fuel like me!

Today was especially hurtful when I had a spirited drive in the country and finished the day with 8.something l/100 which while not great, is very good considering how I drove and what the type of car is...

I'm getting about 700kms (about 500 miles) out of a tank comfortably, generally only charging at home, and that's not taking it easy either so you can still get some good mileage out of it.

A great deal of it comes down to driving style - I have consistently got far better fuel economy out of our Prius than my wife does - but that is because I drive on cruise control almost continuously - even in London - and I brake far earlier and more gently than she does. I use the cruise control as a hand throttle - seldom touch the accelerator once I get above 27mph - the speed at which the cruise control becomes active on a Prius.

The result of this is that I commonly get figures in the high fifties for mpg over many miles whereas my wife seldom gets much above 40mpg.

The result of this is that I commonly get figures in the high fifties for mpg over many miles whereas my wife seldom gets much above 40mpg.[/quote]

Goodness, 40 is really poor for a Prius - my OH gets around high 40s with lots of fast motorway driving, whilst I can get to 60 with country lane tootling without a/c or heating.

Agree, driving style is key - also even slight downhills make a big difference - the other day I went 6 miles and still had 28 mile range showing. I was stuck behind a tractor at about 25mph for some of the way, but I think it must have been just downhill enough to coast a lot - never managed that before, ev range is usually at 28 miles by the time I get out the village!

Hypermiler said:
Goodness, 40 is really poor for a Prius - my OH gets around high 40s with lots of fast motorway driving, whilst I can get to 60 with country lane tootling without a/c or heating.

Agree, driving style is key - also even slight downhills make a big difference - the other day I went 6 miles and still had 28 mile range showing. I was stuck behind a tractor at about 25mph for some of the way, but I think it must have been just downhill enough to coast a lot - never managed that before, ev range is usually at 28 miles by the time I get out the village!

I've only ever seen 60 twice out of our Prius and that was when it was brand new and I was running it in. I was working in Birmingham and commuting from Hertfordshire every day - up the M1 - I would tuck into the slow lane, set the cruise control to 45 and relax to listen to the radio - I believe I got 66mpg out of the first tank and just over 60 out of the second (by that time I had enough miles on the clock to be able to increase the revs a bit). By the end of the second tank, it was run in and I started driving normally (by my standards which are very moderate - never knowingly break the speed limit) - I find that I get around 55mpg over a tank with mixed mode driving - quite a lot of M25 plus some local country roads and a few trips into London. My wife has never adjusted to driving a hybrid and has a very active right foot - not good for fuel consumption.

Downhills make a lot of difference, but they tend to be pretty much matched by uphills which cancel out any benefit!

I am surprised that you can get 60mpg on country roads - the only way I can ever get up to those levels is with long runs at an absolutely constant 50mph - works well in the M25 roadworks!

Post it on (for instance) Photobucket and insert the link in your post.
Don't make it too large Something like 600 pixels wide or so.[/b][/color]

maddogsetc said:
So I now know for certain that 32.4 litres gets me 1411 miles or about 2270 km
Somebody must have beaten this by now :?:

Come on people, step up :D

Mad Dog,

Wowser, 198MPG, congrats on what you are getting :mrgreen:

Any chance you can provide your driving profile with regard to above, would like to know what your charging pattern is, plus your blend between things like Urban EV, Urban Blended, Urban Petrol, Extra-Urban EV/Blended/Petrol.

maddogsetc said:
So I now know for certain that 32.4 litres gets me 1411 miles or about 2270 km
Somebody must have beaten this by now :?:

Come on people, step up :D

Maddog I think what you are getting on your PHEV is brill. However, as you've said previously you are recharging very regularly. My concern if I was recharging as frequently as you would be how quickly the battery would wear out.

My concern if I was recharging as frequently as you would be how quickly the battery would wear out.
Hopefully within the first 5 years!

Ozukus, sadly as you'll see from my Fuelly figures below that has dropped somewhat now. However, the current tankful has covered over 450 miles and hasn't moved off the 'full' mark yet so I'm aiming to beat my previous best. :D

But I'm sure I've seen someone on here who was over 1000 miles and still had a full tank, so I reckon whoever that was has probably beaten me by now...

There you go! Mind you, by the looks of things it might still be some time before we know just how high you've set the bar :shock:

maddogsetc said:
There you go! Mind you, by the looks of things it might still be some time before we know just how high you've set the bar :shock:
I've got some longer journeys coming up soon :cry: . Hoping I might make it to 2,000 miles though.... :shock:

I just used up the first tank (PHEVing since mid June) and have reached 2000 km now.
Next estimated fill up will not be before christmas as my driving distance profile is perfect for this car and my employer just installed some chargers.

I'm over 1,700 miles and still half a tank (the original from 14 July). My useage suits the PHEV perfectly, about 20 miles each way commute with charging home and work, so I do 200 miles mon-fri with no fuel :lol: I've wasted 2 supermarket 10p off litre vouchers which was annoying! Had a couple of longer trips (60 miles) at weekends but nothing like a long run yet. I think jaapv mentioned if you don't put fuel in after 3 months the engine runs to avoid fuel degradation so I will do a commute on 'save' and refuel with premium fuel when the time comes.

Back