How to easily identify 2016 model

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonykenny

Hi all,
I'm new around here and to the Outlander. In fact, we're waiting to hear the delivery date of our new baby, er, car, which we have on a 2 year lease.

The local dealer was surprised at how good a deal we got for the lease and he was suspicious that we might be given an old model. I confirmed, in writing, with the lease company that we would indeed be getting the latest possible model.

So, you know what question is coming; what is the easiest and most reliable way to spot if the car that arrives is indeed the 2016 model and not something earlier, so that I can reject the delivery before signing for it just in case they do send an oldie, hoping I won't notice.

many thanks
Tony

tonykenny said:
Hi all,
I'm new around here and to the Outlander. In fact, we're waiting to hear the delivery date of our new baby, er, car, which we have on a 2 year lease.

The local dealer was surprised at how good a deal we got for the lease and he was suspicious that we might be given an old model. I confirmed, in writing, with the lease company that we would indeed be getting the latest possible model.

So, you know what question is coming; what is the easiest and most reliable way to spot if the car that arrives is indeed the 2016 model and not something earlier, so that I can reject the delivery before signing for it just in case they do send an oldie, hoping I won't notice.

many thanks
Tony

Congrats! They look very different at the front (just google some pictures!). The simplest way otherwise is that the new ones have a 'shark fin' aerial whereas the older ones have a small-ish 'traditional' aerial.

New model has Chrome GASHES down either side of the radiator grille.(personally I think they are vile, but seem to be the 'in' thing as Lexus has them.) as well.

What colour are you getting? My Orient Red was not available on the old model. Just a thought that you might be able to tell from the order form, if it has a new only colour on it!!

Moctu said:
What colour are you getting? My Orient Red was not available on the old model. Just a thought that you might be able to tell from the order form, if it has a new only colour on it!!

We've gone for the simple white. The lease company could get us cheaper and quicker if we went for something they already had in stock

Back