HTC M7 compatibility

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewPHEV

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the HTC One M7 phone is Bluetooth compatible with the PHEV (model 2014) ? I haven't been able to pair the phone whatever I have tried :evil: .
I have tried with an iPhone and this works OK.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi

Yes it does but only if you have carried out the recently released upgrade to KitKit. I have had my PHEV for a few months now and once I had upgraded the Android OS it worked perfectly. Even bluetooth streaming Spotify now brings up the title and artist.

Also a great phone!!!

I'm running Android 4.4.3 (ie KitKat), but so far still no luck in pairing with the PHEV. Pity cos the phone is great :cry:

AndrewPHEV said:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the HTC One M7 phone is Bluetooth compatible with the PHEV (model 2014) ? I haven't been able to pair the phone whatever I have tried :evil: .
I have tried with an iPhone and this works OK.

Thanks,
Andrew

My wife has a HTC M7 and she has no problems connecting it to the car bluetooth, phone or music.

Using a dual-SIM M7 happily (well, other than the access to dialling compared with the old Freelander... Oh, and the mysterious pairing process which also seems overly-complex).

Do I deduce from this thread that there are phone compatibility issues with some phones?

I don't want to have to buy a new phone coz the car won't talk to it. Just spent £40k on a Mercedes for her indoors and both our phones connect no problem at all.

My phone's an HTC One X. Yes, untrendy, at least two years old. I *like* it, and I'm not paying for a new one, and all the accessories that I'd have to replace just coz a car is over-sensitive. it could cause me to buy a different car. (PHEV is top of the short list but it's only a short head in front of the Merc GLA).

I have a new HTC One Mini 2 and I do not succeed in registering it with the car as second phone ('VIN registration failed'). My old HTC Desire works flawless

ccomley said:
Do I deduce from this thread that there are phone compatibility issues with some phones?

I don't want to have to buy a new phone coz the car won't talk to it. Just spent £40k on a Mercedes for her indoors and both our phones connect no problem at all.

My phone's an HTC One X. Yes, untrendy, at least two years old. I *like* it, and I'm not paying for a new one, and all the accessories that I'd have to replace just coz a car is over-sensitive. it could cause me to buy a different car. (PHEV is top of the short list but it's only a short head in front of the Merc GLA).
Buy a car for the phone? :eek: :?: If in dire need, just get a Parrot....

jaapv said:
ccomley said:

Buy a car for the phone? :eek: :?: If in dire need, just get a Parrot....

Well, yes, I have parrots in my last two cars. But my g/f's last too cars have "just worked" and I had assumed the day of the parrot was past! It's such a clunky solution when making the radio work properly in the first place ought to be such a simple option in the current decade. I'm already nervous I'll hate the satnav and have to put my Garmin in ...

Back