Indoor light sensor

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posterberg

Hi

My PHEV has suddenly stopped switching between daylight and night modes, as well as not lighting the background lights on all buttons. I am guessing that the light sensor isn't working as it should. Does anyone know where it is located? Also, does anyone know if it is the sensor that triggers the button lights to come on?

/Peter

PS. I have tried to manually set mode in the Settings menu. That way I can at least set night mode when it is dark outside so I don't get too much bright light but the button lights still don't come on.
PPS. My normal setting for this is Auto of course so that isn't the problem. ;)

What generation of PHEV do you have? The MMCS has a dedicated button to switch modes and the sensitivity can be adjusted in menu.

Its a 2017. Anyway I have figured out what the problem was, and it is solved.

I had the car at the garage the other Monday to get winter tires. It turns out that they switched off the lights, which for some reason also turns off the button lights inside the car. I normally have the light switch at Auto. My normal commute is on fully lit roads so I didn't realize that I was driving without lights...

Thanks!

/Peter

posterberg said:
Its a 2017. Anyway I have figured out what the problem was, and it is solved.

I had the car at the garage the other Monday to get winter tires. It turns out that they switched off the lights, which for some reason also turns off the button lights inside the car. I normally have the light switch at Auto. My normal commute is on fully lit roads so I didn't realize that I was driving without lights...

Thanks!

/Peter

Always good to check that the green 'lights on' symbol on the dash is lit in low light conditions rather than relying on being in Auto

Back