Informing Mitsubishi of Common Problems and Suggestions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian4x4

You can always send links to Mitsubishi pointing out your common problems and suggestions at this site (link below)

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/enquiries/customer-service.aspx

Then you can let the forum know what reply you get.

Unless Mitsubishi are informed they have no chance providing modifications, updates and even recalls.

After I posted the above on this site, I asked Mitsubishi Customer Services if they ever read what Owners Forums were saying about their PHEV or the common problems/difficulties they were having.

As you can see below, they don't.

I am a little surprised that they don't monitor their customers, as by I have learnt a lot more from reading the forums about the car than I ever did from the salesman.

Thanks to you all who post your queries and answers on the Forum.

Regards
Ian

Reply from Mitsubishi
"Dear Mr Davies

Thank you for your enquiry.

We rely on feedback from our Mitsubishi dealer network regarding any issues with any of our vehicles.

Kind regards

I suppose it's pot luck in getting responses from any customer service dept, but I emailed back in July and got a more encouraging response:

Thank you for the email and I am pleased to hear you are enjoying your new Outlander PHEV.

With regards to the forum you mention below, this is one we have been monitoring and have been so for a number of weeks. It is starting to become a real community and an excellent resource for PHEV owners. I did fact notice that thread you mention and subsequently shared it with other colleagues internally.

With regards to contributing, I have personally contacted the administrators offering our services, but at this stage, there are no plans to respond directly. Of course customers are welcome to speak to their local dealer, or contact us in Customer Services and we will be more than willing to help

Thank you again for the email and feedback.

Kind Regards

Dean

Uptodat said:
I suppose it's pot luck in getting responses from any customer service dept, but I emailed back in July and got a more encouraging response:

Thank you for the email and I am pleased to hear you are enjoying your new Outlander PHEV.

With regards to the forum you mention below, this is one we have been monitoring and have been so for a number of weeks. It is starting to become a real community and an excellent resource for PHEV owners. I did fact notice that thread you mention and subsequently shared it with other colleagues internally.

With regards to contributing, I have personally contacted the administrators offering our services, but at this stage, there are no plans to respond directly. Of course customers are welcome to speak to their local dealer, or contact us in Customer Services and we will be more than willing to help

Thank you again for the email and feedback.

Kind Regards

Dean

That is the reply I hoped for, Thanks for sharing it. Regards Ian

I had the following email with mcs

---------------------------------------------
Thank you for your reply.

I will pass this information onto our product department who will liaise with the factory on future updates to the vehicle. Thank you for this feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Craig

Craig Shuker | Customer Service Advisor
Customer Services Phone: +44 1285 647774
Customer Services Fax: +44 1285 647769
e-mail: [email protected]

Mitsubishi Motors in the UK
Watermoor | Cirencester | Gloucestershire | GL7 1LF
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk | Facebook: /MitsubishiUK | Twitter: @MitsubishiUK
YouTube: /MitsubishiTV | Instagram: /mitsubishimotorsuk | Pinterest: /mitsubishiuk

-------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 15 September 2014 17:17
To: Customer Relations
Subject: Re: Outlander PHEV Speed Limiter - GV14 VNG

I know the the units function button does not do this - I am suggesting that for consistency it SHOULD.
You try identifying 50kph or 30 kph or 90 or 110 on the in we scale of the speedo with any accuracy.
On other manufacturers (VW for example) the units function changes ALL THE DIGITALLY Displayed data to the same unit.

Good afternoon

Thank you for your patience whilst I investigated this with our technical department.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a function within the vehicle to change this to KM as it is a pre-set feature of the vehicle in the United Kingdom. As the speedometer shows both Miles and Kilometres I would advise that this is used to gauge what speed the vehicle should be travelling at and setting the speed limiter as required.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information.

Yours sincerely,
Craig

-------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon

I am currently investigating this with our technical department and will respond to you as soon as I have a definitive answer.

In the meantime, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,
Craig

-----------------------------------------------------------
To: Customer Relations
Cc: Website
Subject: Website Enquiry (Customer Services)

Enquiry Nature: Customer Services

Contact Details:
Telephone: 07976643796
Email Address: [email protected]

Customer Message:
I occasionally travel in Europe with my Outlander PHEV and it is useful to change the MMCS units to Km - the Trips change units but the Speed Limit selection stays in MPH - this is a pain - it would be useful when complying with Village limits and various motorway speed changes to see the limiter in Km as well...?

I thought I ought to post my original query to Mitsubishi to show that my question was about looking at the website.

Customer Message:
Does Mitsubishi monitor the owners forums for common faults which occur.
An example about the trip computer is on link below.
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=412

to which the reply from Mitsubishi was

Dear Mr Davies
We rely on feedback from our Mitsubishi dealer network regarding any issues with any of our vehicles.
Kind regards
Simon

From this I think the lesson is

make sure you all contact Mitsubishi with your problem or query, as this is the only way things will change.

Hi Ian,

I have had the same response here in Australia. Mitsubishi only respond to dealers suggestions. I made a telephone inquiry and had to contact my dealer.

TBH, I've learnt to live with most of the cars shortcomings now and I don't have the time to have a dialogue with Mitsubishi to help them improve their product. If they don't see the value in collating data from sites like this to improve their future products, that's their loss IMHO.

I was a bit shocked to see how far the door on the charge sockets sticks out. It would have been better if it came off altogether. A door that sticks out so far from the car (and is almost asking for a knock) is a lot less elegant than Audi's solution of a sliding gate on the radiator grill.

Mitsubishi have quite a lot of answers on their website, link below.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/vehicles/outlander-phev/faqs

Having said that I have found the real life experiences aired on this site invaluable in getting a feeling on PHEV ownership.

Special thanks to the common sense answers of 'maby'

ian4x4 said:
Mitsubishi have quite a lot of answers on their website, link below.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/vehicles/outlander-phev/faqs

Having said that I have found the real life experiences aired on this site invaluable in getting a feeling on PHEV ownership.

Special thanks to the common sense answers of 'maby'

Well, thank you! I have thought of dropping out of this forum now that I have the car and understand it to my satisfaction - I get the impression that my "common sense" is not universally welcome! :evil:

Back