Interior Door and Dash Trim Panels

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nixtrix

The only thing I don't like about my lovely PHEV is the interior grey plastic decorative trim on the dash and front doors. Looks cheap to me! So I thought I'd cover them with black vinyl wrap to compliment the black leather and console surrounds. Anyone know how easy/difficult the trims are to remove? Do they just 'pop' off? I don't want to force and damage them!

I'm not sure if we have the same interior, but I did a small detailing work inside the vehicle today.
My car is just 12 days old, but it sure did change the appearance :).

I used Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel + Ultima Interior Guard Plus.

The right side has been taken care of, the left side is the original look.
5CLgVI0l.jpg

...hard to see the difference...lets remove the blue tape and use some flash...:
KQPA5kbl.jpg

Well, quite some difference I must say...from gray-black to black-black.

It took me less than an hour to do the whole interior.

A photo of the passenger door afterwards:
4xIQaBLl.jpg

Ultima Interior Guard Plus doesn't add any color to the surface...it is just protect the trim from UV-rays etc.
There are many other brands also, and I have tried a lot of them...but right now Ultima is one of my favorites.

Youtube link:
https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=...=9SNXntdHChn4_iYcQgIeHw&bvm=bv.95515949,d.bGg

Hi Manor, thanks for your reply.
Yes, we do have the same interior and your tip is most welcome, I will try that.
It was the light grey plastic panel, in your picture, that I was talking about removing to cover in vinyl.
If you, or anyone else knows how to take it off, I'd be grateful?

Manor said:
I'm not sure if we have the same interior, but I did a small detailing work inside the vehicle today.
My car is just 12 days old, but it sure did change the appearance :).

I used Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel + Ultima Interior Guard Plus.

The right side has been taken care of, the left side is the original look.
5CLgVI0l.jpg

...hard to see the difference...lets remove the blue tape and use some flash...:
KQPA5kbl.jpg

Well, quite some difference I must say...from gray-black to black-black.

It took me less than an hour to do the whole interior.

A photo of the passenger door afterwards:
4xIQaBLl.jpg

Ultima Interior Guard Plus doesn't add any color to the surface...it is just protect the trim from UV-rays etc.
There are many other brands also, and I have tried a lot of them...but right now Ultima is one of my favorites.

Youtube link:
https://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=...=9SNXntdHChn4_iYcQgIeHw&bvm=bv.95515949,d.bGg

Any links to purchase information for the Ultima Interior Guard product? I have search the web without any luck and only really sold in the USA. Please.

Unless you can suggest something better or that does the same job?

Cheers

No response for the first question of this thread : how to move these plastic decorations without break any detail ?

For the main central too, for me. I also want to cover them ;)

(I'll like to change to carbon 4D instead, and everywhere these black plastic wood's imitation are )

Back