Interior fan speed

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS2115

I find the handbook not to be written well and extremely complicated.

I have been experimenting with EV range with and without the AC on.
When turned off, I can see the little box with the arrows and they change with the mode switch. Understood.
However, I cannot find how to increase the fan speed with just fresh outside air. Every time I press the fan switch to speed up the fan blowing air through the vents, it turns the entire AC system back on.
Very frustrating.

So how is it done please?

Is your HVAC in auto mode, defrost-demist mode? I don't have any problems increasing fan speed on mine 2018 without AC turning on.
What model we speak about?

2020 PHEV Exceed.

Okay - figured it out.
So as stated, turning it off with the off button far right-hand end, and then hitting the fan button turned it all back on.
I've figured out (duhhh) that I can turn off the AC by the middle of the left-hand knob but still have the rest of it on and can adjust the fan speed.

What was tricking me is that turning the entire heating/cooling system off/on was making anything from a 2 to 5 kilometre change in my EV range, and still does even if I turn Off the AC button in the middle of the left-hand knob.

ie: If AC is the big range killer, shouldn't there be a difference only in turning it off/on.
But I'm getting the big difference only between the entire HVAC system being on or off and pushing the AC button on/off individually makes no difference.
So is it the Fan that's the range killer? Or the HVAC controlling module perhaps? Because just clicking in or out the compressor by the AC on/off switch makes no range difference at all.

Don't take those 2 to 5km range reduction as granted if only the fan is working. It is just estimation from previous runs.
If you don't run the AC for prolonged period of time the system will learn and you wont get this 5km reduction once you turn the HVAC-fan on.

Back