Interior lights - replacements with LEDs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auzoloto

I'm sure I have seen a post on replacing the interior bulbs with LEDs but can't find it!

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hi

not strictly an answer to your question but I have replaced mine with LED and they are OK, the dim down function after ignition on is not a smooth as with regular bulbs (it's more of 3-4 steps instead of smooth action) but I can live with that.
I bought cheap and nasty bulbs from china, as I wasn't sure if they would work, for around 8 GBP for a set of 10 and one has fail already so I will replace them all with better quality ones when my stock of 10 has been used up. ;)
bottom line is that LED replacement works on the car if you can live with a bit jagged dim down, having said that this may improve with better quality LEDs but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure there is any merit in LEDs for interior lights - you don't keep them on for very long, so power consumption is not really an issue

I think you're absolutely right on the saving, for me it was pure aesthetics as I think the car looks better with crisp white interior lighting

The counter to that is that the warmer light of a filament bulb may cause less desensitization of the retina for night driving. Really, the interior lights should be red to avoid blinding the driver for a period after they are turned off.

Can anyone advise which LED bulb I'd need for the boot? Has anyone done this and which did you use? I suspect the brighter the better for the boot?

I'm not interested in the cabin as I think I'll prefer the dim down function which you wouldn't get with LEDs but is there a brighter filament bulb replacement?

Thank you.

I ordered 3 x 150 Lumen warm white LEDs (all are 31mm festoon!) for the front and the middle,
plus a 300-400 Lumen bright white LED for the boot.
Still waiting for delivery and will post a short video instruction then....

Kim said:
I ordered 3 x 150 Lumen warm white LEDs (all are 31mm festoon!) for the front and the middle,
plus a 300-400 Lumen bright white LED for the boot.
Still waiting for delivery and will post a short video instruction then....

Brilliant thanks Kim. Can I just confirm, should they be 30mm as above or 31mm as per the ones you've ordered. Thanks.

It will accept everything between 29mm and 32mm. Maybe even a little more and less. The sockets are quite flexible.

Back