Just got it

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you requested/ordered a type 2 cable from fleet solutions for charging at public charging posts?

hungrymackem said:
I am planning on buying my own - around £160
Beware (or at least be advised) if planning to buy from nuworld energy. If their website states availability 2-3 days, they can actually mean 2-3 weeks (in my personal experience).

Stvtech said:
hungrymackem said:
Beware (or at least be advised) if planning to buy from nuworld energy. If their website states availability 2-3 days, they can actually mean 2-3 weeks (in my personal experience).

Am going for either theirs or the ev connectors one.

I now have a delivery date of next Wednesday :D :D :D :D

Stvtech said:
hungrymackem said:

My cable from nuworld only took a couple of days.

Car delivered today. Very happy!

Tweeds said:
My cable from nuworld only took a couple of days.

Car delivered today. Very happy!

I'm sure most times a nuworld purchase would be fine.

My experience however, was not particularly good.
I ordered and paid for the cable online on a Friday morning, but did not receive an order acknowledgement (a legal requirement in the UK), so phoned them that afternoon. They confirmed receipt of the order and advised me it would be shipped out on the Monday - fair enough.

It took a further two weeks to finally get the cable (drop-shipped direct from Rolec), despite chasing and not getting any of the promised return phone calls.
That is bad business in my book.

Stvtech said:
hungrymackem said:

I ordered Thursday night, despatched Friday, delivered by UPS today.

Maybe they were having a few problems when you ordered.

hungrymackem said:
Maybe they were having a few problems when you ordered.
Maybe they were, but during my three chase-up phone calls, they twice took my number and promised to call me back with more information.

They didn't call back. Delays and logistics problem happen, but there is no excuse for not keeping the customer informed.

Like I said, bad business. Doesn't take a minute to pick up the phone and dial a few digits, especially when that it what was was promised.

I bought a second cable off Amazon marketplace - £169 delivered. It's better than my nuworld one as both ends have a cover on, which I prefer as this is the one I'm going to leave outdoors.

Back