Liitle orange light - what is it?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uptodat

What is the orange light between the sunroof switches and the front seats' room light switch. It seems to come on randomly. I must have missed it in the manuals, which put me to sleep. Please enlighten me.

It should come on with the lights. My last car had one too. It is probably meant as an orientation light (???)

Hi

My previous car was Prius Plug-in and it had an almost identical light that came on at night and the purpose was to illuminate the auto gear lever so I would guess this is the same. I haven't driven my PHEV at night yet so can't say if it actually does serve this purpose for sure.

Kind regards
Mark

My guess has been that the yellow light indicates the rear mirror being dimmed.....but I'm not sure ;-)
Definitely not this one, the rear view mirror is manually dipped :(

I think it comes on and off with the lights. What the purpose is, who knows...

Was that an orientation light Jaapv, or an irritation light?
I hadn't associated it with the vehicle lights coming on but that is possible I guess. Confirm no auto dipping mirror fitted. I'll ask the dealer if needs be but remain hopeful someone here has found it deep in a manual and can explain its actual purpose. Will look unsightly with an elastoplast over it!

As Avensys said, it could be to illuminate the gear lever area at night. My car has a small orange light by the rear view mirror for that purpose.

I suspect it is a legal requirement somewhere.... It is certainly not bright enough to illuminate anything. The same on my previous two Jaguars.

I reckon it would be a 'heres the sunroof buttons' light that only serves to be rather annoying and pointless really... It is distracting and bright, but doesn't actually provide any real use other than that...

As I stated earlier, the light definitely indicates if the headlights are on or off(DRL). Pretty useless since there is also an icon in the cluster that lights up at the same time.

Just contacted the dealer who tells me it is simply to illuminate the centre console when it's dark. TBH, it seems weak for that purpose and its presence irritates me a little for now, but I'm sure I'll get used to it and blank it out of my consciousness!

Uptodat said:
Just contacted the dealer who tells me it is simply to illuminate the centre console when it's dark. TBH, it seems weak for that purpose and its presence irritates me a little for now, but I'm sure I'll get used to it and blank it out of my consciousness!

Hi,

The brightness of the orange light varies depending on the brightness you have set for the instrumentation.

Personally, I like it and think it is helpful.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back