Manual use of camera's and reading fuel consumption

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancake

Hi all,

Last week my Outlander Phev Instyle was delivered, and I am over the moon with it. Especially the around view monitor and reversing camera came out handy (backup up and making a turn).

I want to park my car everyday in my garage (and charge it there, using a normal socket). Because my garage is around a tight corner, I can't drive straight into it: the situation requires me to finish the corner / bend in the garage itself. It is not that difficult, but still I am afraid to seriously scratch a side of my vehicle while doing that, sooner or later.

It is necessary to put the front of the car in first. Driving in backwards is not an option. I found out that I can activate a camera (even whilst in drive), using the top left button on the steering wheel. How can I control which of the four camera's I want to see? I seems to me I just get a random image (sometimes the front, sometimes the right side)? Is it really random?

Further, I am curious about my fuel consumption right now. The care was delivered with 32 KM (full tank and battery) and right now I have done 250 km. I did not charge it yet. The fuel tank is filled a bit more than half (looking at the display). It seems the outlander only displays fuel consumption on each trip. Is that correct? Am I missing something? For the record: right now I am only interested in fuel consumption when driving on petrol only and driving the current tank of fuel empty.

By the way (this might be known): playing music from an SD-card (stored in different albums) works much faster than playing from a USB-stick. I hated the MMCS when using the USB-stick; now it's just fine. :)

Oh, and on top of this all: I am a bit worried about asking power from the cold engine. If the car starts in EV-mode, and I arrive at the highway (which I use often) after about 40 km, driving on this highway will be the first time on those trips the engine will turn on. I usually drive at around 135 km/hr on the display (where 130 is allowed, so gps speed is about 130). The engine is still cold while doing that. Does this damage the engine?

Pancake said:
Oh, and on top of this all: I am a bit worried about asking power from the cold engine. If the car starts in EV-mode, and I arrive at the highway (which I use often) after about 40 km, driving on this highway will be the first time on those trips the engine will turn on. I usually drive at around 135 km/hr on the display (where 130 is allowed, so gps speed is about 130). The engine is still cold while doing that. Does this damage the engine?

Not really. If you are just driving in a steady pace and not accelerating, the engine idles a bit first if it's (really) cold. The oil pump is electric so the oil preasure is never too low.

I wouldn't worry.

Pancake said:

If you're worried about it, just press the charge button about 10 mins before you hit the highway.

karl said:
Pancake said:

Not really. If you are just driving in a steady pace and not accelerating, the engine idles a bit first if it's (really) cold. The oil pump is electric so the oil preasure is never too low.

I wouldn't worry.
At 130 km/h the engine will not be idling, as parallel mode would have been engaged before reaching that speed....

Don't know if there is reason for concern. Personally I do not worry too much. But the fact that the oil pump is electric (is it?) does not necessarily mean it is pumping al the timer. Or would it be?

I too don't believe the oil pump is electric. Power steering pump is electric, so maybe some confusion with terminology. Power steering uses a fluid, oily maybe, but not a lubricating oil as such.

gwatpe said:
I too don't believe the oil pump is electric. Power steering pump is electric, so maybe some confusion with terminology. Power steering uses a fluid, oily maybe, but not a lubricating oil as such.

There is an electric oil pump, but it is not for the engine, it is to circulate the front motor cooling oil.

Electric power steering is not done with oil pressure but with a type of stepper motor around the steering shaft.

Back