Mitsubishi Service Plan in the UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tun

Hi,

Can I ask if the service plan cover or required to do a service on the first 1000 miles? The last time I bought a new car (many many years ago), we were told to do a first service when the odo hits 1k.

Does the PHEV requires that?

Btw, for those who bought the service plan does it comes with any kind of letter to confirm that you have bought the plan?

THanks...

From http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/owners/msp.aspx -

MITSUBISHI SERVICE PLAN (MSP) TERMS & CONDITIONS

MSP covers the first three scheduled services (If applicable the initial oil change due at 1 month or 1,000 miles is also included)

MSP services and the initial oil change, where applicable must be carried out in line with recommended service intervals, see vehicle service booklet for details

1st (MSP) service must be carried out within 13 months of first registration, 2nd (MSP) service must be carried out within 25 months of first registration, 3rd (MSP) service must be carried out within 37 months of first registration

MSP covers the full factory scheduled services and includes parts as defined by the vehicle manufacturer such as filters, oil and consumables as well as all labour costs. The service schedule does not include wear and tear items such as brake pads and discs, clutches, tyres etc

For full details of the service schedules for a specific model please contact your local Mitsubishi dealer

Each service and the initial oil change, where applicable must be carried out by a UK-based Mitsubishi Motors authorised dealership. The service price will not be refunded if the service is carried out by an independent garage (non-Mitsubishi Motors authorised dealer). Your vehicle may be serviced at any Mitsubishi Motors dealership, not just the dealer from whom you purchased MSP

If all three services have not been taken, in the event of a vehicle being written off, an appropriate proportion of the MSP purchase price will be refunded without administration charge

MSP will not be refunded in any other circumstances. The following methods of payment are acceptable:
1) Included in your finance agreement
2) Cash or cheque via your Mitsubishi Motors dealer (some dealers may accept payment by credit card)

I think I'm running at slightly more than a thousand miles per month, so ours will probably go in on distance, not time...

tun said:
Hi,

Btw, for those who bought the service plan does it comes with any kind of letter to confirm that you have bought the plan?

THanks...

Should be shown on your invoice (if you get one :evil: ) but any dealer will know this from the on-line record for you car. I went to a different dealer to buy roof bars and they knew about the MSP from the Reg. No. and offered to e-mail me a reminder for the 12 month service.

greendwarf said:
tun said:
Hi,

THanks...

Should be shown on your invoice (if you get one :evil: ) but any dealer will know this from the on-line record for you car. I went to a different dealer to buy roof bars and they knew about the MSP from the Reg. No. and offered to e-mail me a reminder for the 12 month service.

Thanks!

Back