MMCS Auto Dim not working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KickingUpDust

GX4hs only a month old & the I can cycle through the day & night options for display brightness which makes it go bright or dark, but when choose auto it stays bright the whole time even when lights on. Needless to say I want to leave it on auto setting but its just wont work.

Am I missing something? can anyone advise?

Thanks
K

I have a 3h+ and on my car there is a little stick protruding from the right hand side of the instrument binnacle. When the Auto lights are on, pressing this repeatedly dims the instruments in stages then they go back to full brightness and dim in stages again.

This is the night time setting, in daylight the instruments are always on full, but then when the auto lights come on they dim to the setting you have selected.

I hope this helps

Richard

Pretty sure he is talking about MMCS, not the instrument cluster ..... (see title).

Question is: will the MMCS Auto mode respond to whether the lights are on or off, or will it respond to the sensor that turns on or off the head lights when they are in their Auto mode?

anko said:
Pretty sure he is talking about MMCS, not the instrument cluster ..... (see title).

Question is: will the MMCS Auto mode respond to whether the lights are on or off, or will it respond to the sensor that turns on or off the head lights when they are in their Auto mode?

My MMCS dims fine, light stalk is in auto. The user interface on the MMCS can be misleading. When the MMCS shows auto I'm not sure it is in auto mode?

Cover the sensor outside with a book or something and fiddle with it till it autodims?

Update: Just checked mine, MMCS clearly says Auto when auto is selected.

Thanks

When I select auto on the mmcs, it remains bright no matter what my headlights are set to or whether they are on or off.

K

KickingUpDust said:
Thanks

When I select auto on the mmcs, it remains bright no matter what my headlights are set to or whether they are on or off.

K

I believe setting the headlights doesn't make it dim, it dims based on the external sensor.

I am off to test and will report back in a few minutes ......

I'm back! Did you miss me?

Dimming of the MMCS only occurs when the MMCS is in 'Auto mode' and the external light sensor on the windscreen located by the rear view mirror is covered up. I put one of my kids books on the windscreen where the rear view mirror is to test.

MMCS doesn't dim based on the switch position of external headlights.

Goodness knows what my neighbours think of me .........

Back