Moving from Lease to Ownership

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonLass

I've leased the PHEV (64 plate 3h) on a very reasonable basis for the past two years, and are now happy to purchase.

The background here is that the lease company did offer to

* increase the lease duration by another 12 months, but charge me an additional ~ £70 monthly to do so
* sell me the 3h for just under £17K at 20k miles

The car will be needing a new set of tyres shortly, and a service, so I guess I would need to add ~ £400-600 pounds onto the purchase price to accommodate this. With this in mind I'm keen to move up to a 4h or 4hs to get some bells and whistles that the 3h lacks, and I don't feel I would need to spend much more money to get that compared to what they are asking. I'm also conscious that the current phev I have only has a year left of its 3 year warranty and if I pick up one just slightly younger i'll benefit from a 5 year.

My reason for posting? I'm guessing that a fair number of lease deals must now be coming to an end, and hopeful with more coming to the market that prices might dip slightly. More choice, better price. Anyone else in a similar position who came to a different conclusion and might be buying after end-of-lease?

I don't know if it helps, but I bought mine ex (someone else's) lease from a dealer.

Dealers around here always seem to have some ex lease PHEVs for sale, and the price seemed reasonable to me.

It has occurred to me that this is a deliberate strategy on Mitsubishi's part, to get more PHEVs on the road, to generate more interest here.

Back