Mpg calc reset - Poll request

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am presuming that the A indication relates to auto mode.
Yep, tested it today and that is correct - toggling between Auto and Manual reset mode on the MMCS gives a little A or M graphic next to the mpg readout in the dash. And,

Ok, but if I have never used manual and never pressed reset, why does my manual reading show 100% ev - it should show the average since I bought the car if I've never reset it shouldn't it?
I was in the same boat H, until today when I switched to Manual mode and then pressed the reset for the first time. I'm now starting to get a separate set of data in Manual mode for the first time. So I think that until you have reset it at least once, Auto and Manual mode give the same results. I will be able to tell for sure tomorrow, after it's had a chance to got to sleep for 4 hours :geek:

Ok, cheers maddogs - I did wonder about that. A bit annoying now I've had the car a little while, but will reset manual mode tomorrow and hope to get something meaningful out of it!
H

Hi,

I made one initial journey using petrol and got 57mpg. Since then the manual mpg readout has been slowly increasing (of course since I'm only using battery) until it read 98.7mpg yesterday. Just checked again after today's driving and it now reads 0.0mpg.

Choosing the long term history on the mileage graph (under trip) you can see the mpg gradually increasing until the final right hand side when it just drops to 0mpg.

My conclusion therefore is the -.- means it hasn't used any petrol, and 0.0mpg means you have achieved better than 99.9mpg.

I have longer trips to make over the next couple of days which will be mostly on engine without a recharge so it will be interesting to see if the mpg changes from 0.0mpg once the average mpg drops below 99.9 again.

Kind regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark, now that I have 'reset' my manual figure I'm starting to build some data too. It does seem silly if Mitsi haven't included the ability to read mpg in 3 digits, and I'm sure I read an early road test report where the tester described seeing a very high mpg (can't remember how high but more than the official figure). :?

Hi,

The MPG gauge (circle) seems to go to 180mpg at the top which makes sense for such a car. Stopping at 99.9 mpg seems rather silly. We will work all these details out in due course as we learn about the car.

I don't remember if I reset the manual mode when I collected the car. It only had 5 miles on it so I possibly didn't think it served any purpose. From posts it sounds as though the first reset in manual mode may be needed before numbers are sensible.

Kind regards,
mark

I tried to reset the manual mode today but touching or holding (for say 5 seconds) the reset bit of screen didn't do anything. It was on 99%EV and was still on 99% after I pressed it - no difference from the auto screen. Do I need to change something in settings or does my manual mode not work? And yes, it restarts in auto mode each time the car is turned off.
H

I'm still not convinced I've fully got to the bottom of this as this morning's figures have thrown up some new anomalies.

Bearing in mind that on Sunday I was reading %EV in the high 80's (in Manual reset mode) this morning (Monday) I started out with 100% :?

Also, the mpg readout in the dash went from 99.something to --.-- as I was driving, presumably as it went over the 99.9, but that is at odds with previous posts where we concluded that 0.00 probably indicated in excess of 99.9 and --.-- indicated no fuel used.

That aside the readings seems consistent with Manual mode having been reset, but I don't believe that I have reset it (unless by an accidental button press).

To add to the confusion, although the dash was indicating --.--mpg the Trip/Eco Info screen was still showing 99.3mpg :?

It would be really helpful if there was a 'miles (or km) since last reset' indication as this would at least confirm or eliminate the accidental reset scenario but would also be really useful to geeks like me :oops:

Hi
I previously mentioned that my manual mpg reading went from 99.x to 0.0 as I continued to drive on battery. I have now driven further on engine and the mpg started showing 94.x again as my average mpg dropped to a limit that the car can display.

I think this is a bug as the circle part of the mpg gauge goes right up to 180mpg.

Kind regards
Mark

I too am confused about all of this. I only picked my Gx3h up yesterday and i would like a long term MPG figure. It looks like it automatically resets itself when you switch on or off (page 6-18 of the manual). On the Audi that i have just got rid off it had 2 trips just like the Phev and i could switch between each one on the display and could easily see what MPG i had got since last manual reset.

Hi

Yes, the PHEV works like this but it is non intuitive. Also, until your readings for mpg are below 99.9mpg the numbers won't make sense either which adds to the confusion.

Your long term average mpg can be displayed by pressing the manual button and reset by pressing reset while in this mode. I use this to record average mpg between tank refills.

The auto mode resets itself when the car hasn't been used for 4 hours so records individual trip mpg.

Note that after the car is turned off it reverts to displaying auto mode so you will need to press the manual button again.

Kind regards
Mark

Back