mpge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

Ok, so who has worked out their mpge?

I've worked out mine for the first time for September - hope I've got the logic right :geek: , please let me know if not.

It was a pretty average month without any really long journeys/holidays, just my normal weekly routes (a couple of which involve some little petrol) and 3 slightly longer trips with some use of "save" on the motorway/out of electric range driving.

Filled up 27 Aug and again on 30 Sept - took 24.5 litres (£27.98). During that time I travelled 1125 miles and in September according to MMCS spent £34.32 on elec (add on say £3 for late August charging).
So total cost £65.30 or 5.8p per mile. A gallon of petrol would cost £5.18 so my mpge is 89! (My fuelly mpg ignoring electric cost was over 200mpg.)

So I reckon I have saved about £45 last month compared with running my old Polo (at say 53mpg), and got a brand new car that is (nearly) twice the size.

Happy days! :D
H

Not sure I can give a mpge, as I only recharge my PHEV from free solar power, or free chargepoint outlets. All I can say is that it seems that no matter what driving style, my PHEV returns 7.1L/100km mileage for a petrol only 300km round trip. There is a bug in Australian shipped PHEV in the charge cost screens. Unless a driver in Australia can record the kWh each time the PHEV is recharged, then we will not really be able to compare. If you miss any day, then there is no bar graph to see and even estimate the energy later. This is with the day graphs as well as the month graphs in the MMCS.

Don't know when Mitsubishi will get around to fixing this bug.

PS driving on free stored electric energy is warm and fuzzy.

Since we only picked the car up three days ago and have done less than 200 miles, any calculation would be pretty meaningless at the moment. I suspect that I am on about 40 mpge just now, but that is largely because I know that a friend of ours is going to want to see it in action over the weekend and I will not be able to charge it up, so we did the journey to the boat on "Save" and ran on "Charge" for a while to make sure I have sufficient in the battery to be able to do a few miles in EV mode. He was thinking of buying a Tesla, but I think I've managed to convince him of the error of this idea.

I was considering this the other day as to what my mpg equivalent was when driving in pure EV mode.

My current supplier charges me 9.9p per KW and a charge from empty is costing me on average 11.5 KW or £1.14.

The current cost for a gallon of petrol is approximately £4.92 based on a pump price of £1.08 per litre, so therefore (4.92/1.14) = 4.32 charges which gives me the equivalent electricity cost to a gallon of petrol.

As I currently get on average 28 miles in pure EV mode then 4.32 x 28 gives me 120.96 miles on an electric gallon equivalent.

I'm impressed that you are getting 28 miles on battery in this weather. I reckon I'm doing well to get 20 at the moment.

maby said:
I'm impressed that you are getting 28 miles on battery in this weather. I reckon I'm doing well to get 20 at the moment.

That's pure EV in a GX3h, ECO Mode, headlights/radio on, no heating though well rugged up!

Naturally to be nice and comfortable it would not be as good as the ICE would be on to heat the car up.

Was just trying to understand if I was in pure EV mode what was my comparably effective MPG based on today's electricity and petrol charges.

maby said:

I'm impressed that he can get petrol 4p cheaper than here in London & SE - having burned quite a lot keeping warm over the holiday :evil:

It's between 106.9 and 109.9 here in South Buckinghamshire, was 110.9 from well before Xmas until a couple of days ago. Asda in High Wycombe is 107.7.

petrolprices.com is quite fun to watch at the moment!

How do you work out your electricity cost in a GX3h? There is nothing I can find in the car to show how much power I used to charge it and I am currently using a 13a socket to charge, so no way of monitoring through that. Any ideas (short of a dedicated charge point, which it am hoping to get in a few weeks)?

Paule23 said:
How do you work out your electricity cost in a GX3h? There is nothing I can find in the car to show how much power I used to charge it and I am currently using a 13a socket to charge, so no way of monitoring through that. Any ideas (short of a dedicated charge point, which it am hoping to get in a few weeks)?

I get the data from my dedicated charge point via www.chargevision3.com which allows me to see KW used to charge the vehicle.

Gave the EV it's first real test today.

Drove the wife into work which is smack on 25km each way.

Kept off the freeway and went to old way. Traffic was light but we made it there and back all on EV!

Chuffed with that.

NAPpy

Back