New owner, marginally regretting it.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t3lmo said:
MHS said:
And there I was, assuming you'd been getting your hands dirty!!
I might well fit the rears myself, as it doesn't look complicated. They're £50 to £70 on Ebay.
That way, mines came with the same exact color of the PHEV:

P1250375.jpg

P1250367.jpg
Excellent photos.

I wish there was an option for a two-tone paint scheme. Your car appears blue at the front and grey at the back!!

Not sure what colours I would pick.

tlongdon said:
HI all,

Been lurking a while, and appreciate ALL your comments. This is a many-times-a-day site for me to visit.

Got my 4hs delivered this morning. It's 'alright'. Not as comfortable or as clear a riding position as the 6yo Freelander 2 it replaces, but it's ok.

I can live with it, so long as I can resolve the following - which no manual or youtube video seems to address. So any help is welcome, and in return I promise to continue to post as I gradually come to love this car.

FIRST: How can I get it not to initiate the sat nav on start up? I use WAZE on an ipad, so I basically just want the radio. I genuinely can't find in the manual how to leave the MMCS displaying what it was when I turned it off.

SECOND: Reversing camera (*I've posted a similar, albeit unique, point elsewhere. Soz.) Hate it. I reversed into a bollard today, at 10 miles on the clock, because the camera showed it further away, and the green and red lines seemed to mean nothing. I tried again, with the red line half-way up the bollard, got out, and I was a good 50cm away. I'm used to beeps, and may have to go for an ugly stick-on beep/sensor alternative as the cam makes no sense. Likewise, lots of googling, youtubing etc. came up with nothing on 'what do the lines and colours actually mean on a reversing camera?!" believe it or not.

THIRD: Bluetooth pairing. Awful, just awful. My Freelander showed a code on screen, which popped up on my android device to enter. Not here. No pop up on the android device. Eventually, thanks to google, I found I had to enter the 'android default 0000' on the car, so that it could pair with the device. Still, seems to work now but not at ALL intuitive.

...but there are some good points.

GOOD: The ACC. Works great, at low speeds, and can even re-engage at low speeds (hit RES) despite reading to the contrary that this only works over 25mph. This is not true, it worked for me today at about 5-7mph.

But that's it, for now. :shock:

Hi... It might be somewhere out of the topic. Can I ask what and how did you mount your ipad on the car? Thanks...

Sorry but is it just me but why do people need reversing cameras or parking sensors? I had sensors before and had to turn them off I learnt how to reverse using mirrors and looking around rather than watch a screen or hear a few beeps using your eyes to look around and learning distance using the mirrors has got to be safer

Using just mirrors it not safer at all. You cannot see the little kid sitting down behind your rear number plate.

Several kids have been run over that way, there is a push to make reversing cameras compulsory on all SUV's in Australia and there was a recent "name and shame" campaign on those that do have it installed and those who do not.

IMHO the reversing camera is a safety tool rather than an aid to a poor driver.

NAPpy

The MMCS has two startup modes, Audio or Nav.
If you leave the MMCS in audio mode when shutting off it will start up in audio mode again.
If you leave it in Settings(to watch the flashy graphics while driving) or in Nav it will start up in Nav mode.

Nav mode has two ways of displaying information, full screen or PiP (split screen) where you can display both Audio(other screens are available) and Nav at the same time.

I've paired both at Samsung Note3 and now a S6 via bluetooth without any issues.

Back