New phev owner

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satelite

Hello all

I,ve been reading this forum for some time to learn as much as possible about the phev before buying one. Great place for info, tips and tricks.

Got myself a my14 gx4h ex lease with 93000 mls. Only had it about 3 weeks and done 300 miles 95% ev.

So far really really pleased with my purchase. I find the satnav ok, the ride fine, controls ok, audio good. Maybe I,m less fussy than others on here, I dont think I am. Last car was an Audi A6 2.7 S-Line Quattro Le-Mans.

I do have one Question, probably the most asked......EV range/Battery SOC

Today I charged the car from a completely flat battery (ICE kicked for the last mile home). I have set the cost of charge, and after todays charge the display states 98p cost. 10KW should cost me £1.30.

So does 98p being 75% of £1.30 mean my battery SOC is only 75% ?????

Is my logic/maths right ??

Your maths is right, your conclusion probably not quite. Your battery took 7.5kWh to recharge, which may be a little bit on the low side from about 30% charge. If you assume 30% is 3.6 kWh, adding the 7.5 give you 11.1 kWh total capacity, well within the ball park of what you can expect, in my opinion.
When the engine first starts with a depleted battery, it can be anywhere between 25 and 30% SOC, depending on how you drive.
I have never seen a 10 kWh charge on mine. Highest I think was 9.6, it usually is somewhere between 8 and 9 for a charge from 1 bar on the battery indicator.

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot about the 30% left in the battery when the ICE starts. I know I'm working off real sketchy data, I don't know how accurate the cost of last charge is.

I have assured myself of the battery condition though by working out the actual miles I covered that day which was 28 miles when the ICE kicked in......very very happy with that.

Satelite said:
Thanks for the reply.

Forgot about the 30% left in the battery when the ICE starts. I know I'm working off real sketchy data, I don't know how accurate the cost of last charge is.

I have assured myself of the battery condition though by working out the actual miles I covered that day which was 28 miles when the ICE kicked in......very very happy with that.

That is good. Just don't be too disappointed in Winter as it makes a big difference. With the warmer weather its lovely to see my EV range finally coming back up again.

Of course pre-heating whilst still on charge for a decent amount of time can help massively during colder months.

Welcome. I'm also a new PHEV owner. Bought my 17 plate ex demo with 3,000 miles on the clock last month and like you am very, very pleased. My only gripe though is the sat nav which I think is dreadful. The route algorithms are atrocious imho and I've tried all different combinations of Fast, short, easy and eco with minimize motorways, etc, but to no avail. I would dearly love to just use Google Maps from my phone using Link Connect, but that's another gripe.... it won't connect for me!!! Other than that I love the car.

Oh, interesting differences - the 2018s in North America support Android Auto and Apple Carplay when plugged into the USB port in the center console. That gives you google maps on the screen with voice control. Didn't come with built in SatNav so perhaps that's why.

I have android auto and it seemed to work fine. Only I didn't really like it tbh and prefer to have Google sat nav on my phone leaving the centre screen free for the cars other functions.

Back