NHS Fleet 'Problem...??'

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldfinger

Ok, we ordered our car early January, and are still waiting (fair enough..... ish).

So during that time, we sourced someone to install the home charger, for free as some have been starting to charge - excuse pun...

This is our problem...

After having the charger installed, OLEV have 'refused' our claim for the 'free' charge point fitting etc.

So, we have to now forward some document(s) to them from our leasing company etc...

Does OLEV not believe us that we're getting PHEV!! ?? :?:

So has anyone else had similar problem?

I too ordered in January, initially requesting April delivery - albeit through an ordinary broker as I’m not with the NHS.

I first approached ChargeMaster in early February, conscious that the current grant scheme would end on 31st March. They sent two template letters - one for my employer to complete in order to confirm that I would be the main user, and the second for the ‘lease company’ to confirm that they were leasing the car to my company.

However, the lease ‘finance company’ wouldn’t or couldn’t complete the template until after vehicle delivery, because until then, the vehicle would not be “on their system”.
In view of this, the broker completed the template, which I felt was appropriate as it was the broker who placed the order for the vehicle via a dealer, and after all - OLEV just need to be satisfied that the vehicle is actually on order.

ChargeMaster though, would not accept the broker’s letter, sticking to their guns that it needed to be completed by the finance company.

So I went instead to Rolec, who passed my details to a local installer, who accepted all the documentation previously provided to ChargeMaster as being sufficient (and specifically the broker’s letter), with the addition of a copy of the vehicle order (which of course the broker had placed, not the finance company).

ChargeMaster probably did me a favour by forcing me to go to Rolec. If I had stuck with CM I’d have ended up with an ugly (to my taste) 16A charge point and a £50.00 bill for an RCBO. Rolec did me a 32A unit (useful when a LEAF rocks up to our house) with RCBO included at no charge whatsoever.

I have had the charge point for over a month now, and the Phev for 2 days.

OLEV got stung before the current grant scheme because they had let just about anyone install a free charge point. This led to chancers and charlatans having them installed simply because it was something for free, or because they perceived it added value to their property. So said our installers, anyhow.

I was in a similar boat, ordered my car beginning of Jan (leasing via my work through Arnold Clark). Current lease ends start of May so I was also conscious of the scheme possibly ending in March.

I went with Joro which is one of the OLEV approved installers that is listed on the energy saving trust website. All I had to provide them was proof of order i.e. our order request to Arnold Clark and also a confirmation letter from Arnold Clark, the confirmation letter took a few weeks to arrive but once I had that it all got sorted out fairly quickly.

I also got the free upgrade to a 32amp point which the energy saving trust covered. I initially had to pay the upgrade cost of £660 but in about 4 weeks the full amount was paid back by them.

Now all I'm waiting on is the car, and it cant come soon enough.

So we're guessing OLEV are 'covering their arses' because of what's happened in the past...?

She's now sent any and all of the paperwork she has about the car...

Let's see what happens now... :roll:

Back