Not to make anyone jealous...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegurio

I couldnt help myself, beacuse I have to tell someone, so you guys are it!

I have finally got my PHEV! It's actually sitting in the showroom at the moment, waiting for me, but as luck would have it, as we only did the deal late today, it wont be officially ready till Friday morning, and as I have a long weekend in Sydney, and I have to hop on a plane about 2 hours before it will be ready, so it will have to wait till I get back...

Not that that's a bad thing, because at least it's something to look forward to coming home to my normal drudgery!

It's an Arctic Silver Aspire, and although it isn't the colour I would have preferred, it was such a great deal and immediate delivery - and the fact it's a PHEV only colour - that I couldnt really say no...

So, I shall raise a glass of champagne to the PHEV community, for helping me make up my mind, and getting me over the line, even if it was 10k more than what i wanted to spend...

Hey congrats!

Is your colour a pale blue - if so, that's the PHEV-only colour here in the UK and what I've got. I actually quite like it - a change from the ubiquitous shades of grey anyway. I also noticed a black phev driver having a good look at my car in Holland as we overtook him - I saw 4 black and one white phev while I was there, I don't think they have the bluey silver colour. Still not seen another one on the road in the UK in any colour although at the rate they are selling it won't be long till we are overrun with them! Do you see many in Australia?
Cheers
H

I am in Tasmania in Australia, which is basically the smallest state - by population - in Australia, and I know that there has only been one sold in the state so far (which was the titanium grey that was 'waiting' in the showroom for me....) and I'm getting the second one. So the answer to your question is no, we don't see many PHEV's at all here, but really the only real way to tell, aside from the arctic silver colour is to check the drivers side filler cap really.

A friend of ours bought a normal white Aspire the other day, after coming with me to look at the PHEV, and the funniest thing is that now every second outlander I see is exactly the same, but they're hire cars, which I think is the biggest insult...

Fwiw, I'm on an iPad too, so I can't upload pictures at the moment.

Edit: As our government is mostly made up of Neanderthal Luddites, we don't have any incentives to speak of for buying any car really. So aside from saving money on fuel (or the environment if that's what floats for your boat), there's no real reason to buy a Hybrid or a PHEV. Even as it is, my use isn't what Mitsubishi are aiming it for. I live about 35 k's out of Hobart, in a hilly area & do about 45k a year, but it was either that or a Camry Hybrid. The PHEV can tow and is more suited to dirt road driving which I do a bit of, so it came to be a bit better decision.

thegurio said:
I couldnt help myself, beacuse I have to tell someone, so you guys are it!

I have finally got my PHEV! It's actually sitting in the showroom at the moment, waiting for me, but as luck would have it, as we only did the deal late today, it wont be officially ready till Friday morning, and as I have a long weekend in Sydney, and I have to hop on a plane about 2 hours before it will be ready, so it will have to wait till I get back...

Not that that's a bad thing, because at least it's something to look forward to coming home to my normal drudgery!

It's an Arctic Silver Aspire, and although it isn't the colour I would have preferred, it was such a great deal and immediate delivery - and the fact it's a PHEV only colour - that I couldnt really say no...

So, I shall raise a glass of champagne to the PHEV community, for helping me make up my mind, and getting me over the line, even if it was 10k more than what i wanted to spend...

Also congrats on the purchase thegurio.
My PHEV Aspire colour is called Starlight (wife's choice) but it looks like a dirty white to me.
This is a link to the vehicle:
http://postimg.org/image/c34lcyt51/

I have got 2700 kms up in just under 2 months.
As for spending 10k more on the vehicle, what else would you have bought anyway :)
Thats the lot of us first adapters.

thegurio said:
I am in Tasmania in Australia, which is basically the smallest state - by population - in Australia, and I know that there has only been one sold in the state so far (which was the titanium grey that was 'waiting' in the showroom for me....) and I'm getting the second one. So the answer to your question is no, we don't see many PHEV's at all here, but really the only real way to tell, aside from the arctic silver colour is to check the drivers side filler cap really.

A friend of ours bought a normal white Aspire the other day, after coming with me to look at the PHEV, and the funniest thing is that now every second outlander I see is exactly the same, but they're hire cars, which I think is the biggest insult...

Fwiw, I'm on an iPad too, so I can't upload pictures at the moment.

Edit: As our government is mostly made up of Neanderthal Luddites, we don't have any incentives to speak of for buying any car really. So aside from saving money on fuel (or the environment if that's what floats for your boat), there's no real reason to buy a Hybrid or a PHEV. Even as it is, my use isn't what Mitsubishi are aiming it for. I live about 35 k's out of Hobart, in a hilly area & do about 45k a year, but it was either that or a Camry Hybrid. The PHEV can tow and is more suited to dirt road driving which I do a bit of, so it came to be a bit better decision.

PHEV has totally different 18" alloys, that's the only major visual difference to other outlanders except PHEV label on it.

ufo said:
PHEV has totally different 18" alloys, that's the only major visual difference to other outlanders except PHEV label on it.

We had a friend of ours buy an Aspire, but not a PHEV, and I would almost swear they're the same wheel... Will have to look once I get back home again...

Well aside from the dealers finance guy being the most unhelpful person in Australia, who's trying his best to talk me out of dealing with this particular dealer, I will hopefully pick it up on Thursday... Let's see how long the original tank will last? Lol

I've got a trip next Thursday from Hobart to Devonport, Launceston and back again in the same day, so about 600-650klms, so it'll be interesting to see what sort of economy I can eke out of it... It'll be with a/c on, seats on and overtaking at every opportunity, so I'm waiting with baited breath! Anything with a 7 in it and I've got what I need...

Back