OBD Data

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthspace

There are a lot of plugs you can buy that add functionality that is now missing - such as Auto Door Lock at 20kph for example. Lots available for Toyota etc. but nothing for Mitsubishi Outlander. All I could find is an auto mirror module, but I have auto mirror open close already. My Bro-in-Law has an auto lock one on his Toyota iQ and it works really well.

A few hours on Alibaba found nothing, BUT a deeper Google search found that Citroen Peugeot use the same CANBUS - presumably as a couple of their cars use a Mitsubishi model as a base.

OBD programmers are freely available and I found an interesting link with a lot of information.

General search

https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=off&q=outlander+obd+door+lock+code

Specific search

http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/etacs-options-customization-40223/

What do you OBD experts think of the possibility of getting the data out that refers to the door locking / auto unlock in the event of an accident. The facility USED TO exist in some models before the EUR rules changes and/or the ETACS file could be changed to re-enable the options in the MMCS.

Thoughts?

I have auto door locking enabled. I am also able to operate my windows and sunroof for a while longer after turning off the ignition. So, yes it can be done. But I think it is a complex procedure, not without risk, that requires some hardware investment as well. Don't know if I would be willing to advice / coach people in that process ...

May want to check this site:

http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/

Thanks anko, useful site. It is the same guy from the link I found and is a more up-to-date.

I will do some more research and see if I can find anyone in the UK that has done it. Site seems to be Russian and a fair amount of U.S. people asking for this.

I will report back if I get any further

ATB, Jeff

OK, I ordered the OBD to USB adapter, have downloaded the software and managed to look at the data file in the car and see all of the options that can be chosen, some hidden, some already available if you have the multimedia radio.

You also need wireless connection to talk to the server that makes the changes (writes to the data file); however, I was using a MAC running Windows (for the software) and was getting intermittent issues with drivers. It looked good so I am going to have another attempt once I have a Windows laptop available.

Have found the options to allow auto door lock at 20 kph, ability to close windows and sun roof remotely and lots of other options.

More updates soon . . .

Jeff

jthspace said:
OK, I ordered the OBD to USB adapter, have downloaded the software and managed to look at the data file in the car and see all of the options that can be chosen, some hidden, some already available if you have the multimedia radio.

You also need wireless connection to talk to the server that makes the changes (writes to the data file); however, I was using a MAC running Windows (for the software) and was getting intermittent issues with drivers. It looked good so I am going to have another attempt once I have a Windows laptop available.

Have found the options to allow auto door lock at 20 kph, ability to close windows and sun roof remotely and lots of other options.

More updates soon . . .

Jeff

Now they are some options I would love! Any setting to close the gap to the car in front when running with ACC? The closest is three seconds and people always jump into a gap that big causing the car to brake.

jthspace said:

More updates soon . . .

Jeff

Hi Jeff

It would be good to see a list of the possible options.

anko said:
Hi Jeff, I used Parallels running on an MBP. Worked fine for me.....

That's what we were using and got lots of disconnects so setting up an old laptop / Win 7 and will try again in a week or so - got a few business trips scheduled at the moment and little "play-time" . . .

Jeff

NAPpy / Neverfuel

I will list what can be done a.s.a.p. - but it wont be until I get a bit of free time in a week or so.

Jeff

Back