Outi went into "Maintaining Fuel System Mode" for the 1.time

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Yesterday morning when I got into my Outi, he started it's ICE and showed
2uxybh1.jpg
and also CHARGE was displayed on the display.
A few months ago I took precautions and sucked 15-20 litres out of the tank to give it to my brother, so that if Outi went into the "Maintain Fuel System - Mode", I'd have enough space in the tank to stop it.
Good thing there was a petrol place just 150 meters away from my departure point. So I put 20 liters in the tank and voilà; silence again...

Here's some more info that might be interesting for some detail lovers of us:
Outi stopped charging that night at 1kWh short of a full charge, which must have happend pretty much exactly at midnight.
That means, that when the date changed from 31. July to 1. August and Outi descided for the Maintaining Mode, he stopped charging the very same secound to leave as much empty space in the battery as possible.

Anyone tried the trick of disconnecting the 12 V battery to fool the system and avoid unwanted ICE starts ?

"If the auxiliary battery is disconnected, the control timer which operates the engine forcibly will be reset. If the engine does not start for prolonged period after the reset, the fuel injection system may be clogged...."

Hi
I have not experienced this as I use my ICE on occasion, when the battery runs out. It has happened to my mum who uses it freq for 10-15 mile journeys hence never really requiring the ICE.
I am no technician but I would not interfere with the normal operation of the vehicle. The key word is 'Maintaining'. The petrol that we have has additives and it does gel up as I found out after I serviced my bike having left it laid up over winter. It clogs everything up.
I would just leave it to do its bit or fill up as mentioned in the handbook. I do not want my warranty being voided just for a few pounds worth of petrol.

I agree with jizzenator!

Even if it takes more effort to manually take out old fuel (which I did moths ago) and replace it with new fuel, it's probably worth the extra labour than tricking the software and still having the older fuel in the tank.
To know, that I have a fresher batch of liquified rotten dinosaurs in my tank to flush the system and power my Outi at occasionally faster accellerations, just gives me a little better feeling.

Back