Outlander 2014, SSID\Password renwal

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomerikko

Hi All,
I am a new owner of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2014 :D

I wanted to 'pair' my smartphone app to the car yesterday and noticed i need SSID & a password that were given with the car when it was bought.

Assuming that was lost, anyone knows how can i get a new one? or get the original details back.

Will a Mitsubishi dealer close to my home will be able to help me with this?
Any other procedure is known in the community ?

Thanks in Advanced, Tomer.

The WiFi password can be read only via a MUT-III

All the official dealer that I know .. are charging around 50 euro for any diagnostic operation ...

Anyhow .. I doubt the previous owner may have changed the password, so if you are lucky to have the original paper with the password on it, that was deliver with the key of the cars .. you can just re-initialize the WiFi procedure for register a new phone.

PS: In may case, I did not got the password , the dealer when I bring to service the car, did not had a clue how to get this password ... and then, later on, to go to dealer and pay 50 euros for this password .. I did find quite useless .. also ... once WiFi is enabled, and setting are done over WiFi, in my case, the MMCS programming for charging and climate .. did not work (until I did disable WiFi) .. and at the end I prefer to program over MMCS then not playing with phone .. while driving .. or wasting extra time inside the car before or after driving ...

Double check your paper doc. I thought I lost mine until I found a piece of paper that was folded in half (but didn't look like it folded in half) which the password was hidden!

elm70 said:
The WiFi password can be read only via a MUT-III

All the official dealer that I know .. are charging around 50 euro for any diagnostic operation ...

Anyhow .. I doubt the previous owner may have changed the password, so if you are lucky to have the original paper with the password on it, that was deliver with the key of the cars .. you can just re-initialize the WiFi procedure for register a new phone.

PS: In may case, I did not got the password , the dealer when I bring to service the car, did not had a clue how to get this password ... and then, later on, to go to dealer and pay 50 euros for this password .. I did find quite useless .. also ... once WiFi is enabled, and setting are done over WiFi, in my case, the MMCS programming for charging and climate .. did not work (until I did disable WiFi) .. and at the end I prefer to program over MMCS then not playing with phone .. while driving .. or wasting extra time inside the car before or after driving ...
The dealer which delivered the car originally should have the password on record and should supply it to your current dealer. Your problem is most likely that you imported the car used from abroad. I happened to speak to my dealer this morning and asked about costs (as I read your post) and he told me he would never charge for such a thing. Maybe customer-oriented service is more prevalent over here than in Poland?

tomerikko said:
Hi All,
I am a new owner of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2014 :D

I wanted to 'pair' my smartphone app to the car yesterday and noticed i need SSID & a password that were given with the car when it was bought.

Assuming that was lost, anyone knows how can i get a new one? or get the original details back.

Will a Mitsubishi dealer close to my home will be able to help me with this?
Any other procedure is known in the community ?

Thanks in Advanced, Tomer.

When I put mine in for its first service post purchase I was in the same position as you. The dealership gave me a print out (a screengrab) with the details i needed. Didn't charge me anything above the cost of service.

jaapv said:
The dealer which delivered the car originally should have the password on record and should supply it to your current dealer. Your problem is most likely that you imported the car used from abroad. I happened to speak to my dealer this morning and asked about costs (as I read your post) and he told me he would never charge for such a thing. Maybe customer-oriented service is more prevalent over here than in Poland?

My PHEV has been imported by a little 2nd hand car dealer from NL to PL

My nearest Mitsubishi dealer and official garage, did not had any idea how to get the WiFi password ..
I would have expected that Mitsubishi HQ could have been able to provide the WiFi password, with the only VIN information, but I was told it is not the case (in theory Mitsubishi HQ knows which dealer sold my PHEV to the 1st Owner, and could enquire this password to this dealer)

After I check with Mitsubishi PL support, I was told that the password can be obtained over MUT-III only.

At my 1st service I also got some issue, like the used oil was not having the certifications requested per the PHEV user manual.
As well, I'm quite sure in my city (almost 1M people) the two Mitsubishi dealers here have never seen a PHEV before mine (think my little 2nd hand dealer may have sold a 2nd PHEV some time ago, so maybe a 2nd PHEV is around in my city too)

Connect a diagnostic cable and make a couple of check via a PC or tool ... as far as I know .. both in local BMW dealers and Mitsubishi dealers .. is a service charger around 200pln or 50 euros

In couple of months I may have my 2nd service, maybe I can check if they can get me the WiFi password (service here is a fix price of 1400pln , almost 350euros) for almost 350 euros I guess read the WiFi password should not be a big issue ... main concern is if they have the knowledge for do this operation.

Anyhow .. so far I don't really miss the WiFi ... the best option for me is the keyfob mod with the additional button .. this alone allows me to extend the car pre-heat in the cold morning .. for the rest the MMCS programming is basic, but quite fast to operate while driving too.

PS: Clearly a proper "remote access" of the PHEV via an apps, that work over GSM network instead of WiFi ... will be way better ... like Tesla, BMW, Volvo, etc are using on their car telematics

Thank you all for all your comments and suggestions.

Ill try to speak with the dealer on it and try looking for the paper once again.

Thanks.
Tomer.

In case it helps.

Mine came in a little zip-lock clear plastic bag.

It contained a tiny metal tab with a number on it, and a thing that looked like a business card.

When you "unfold" the business card, the SSID and password were on the inside.

:)

Andy

PS. The little metal tab is the ID number of your car keys

Back