Outlander PHEV delayed in the US til 2015?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

Oh man - I was so looking forward to getting one of the plug-in hybrid electric Outlanders, but apparently yesterday Mitsubishi announced it won't be coming to North America until 2015 :x :cry:

Now I really will have to use this forum to live vicariously through people in Japan and the Netherlands until I can get my hands on one - so please, keep posting your findings and information on driving your Outlander PHEV!

Don't rely on me - I'm in North America so I'll be waiting for the Outlander PHEV until 2015 just like you.

It brings tears to my eyes (figuratively at least)!

Well then you're in the same boat as me! There's more confirmation on the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV delay now too:

Green Car Reports, which spoke to Bryan Arnett, senior manager of product strategy for Mitsubishi Motors North America, and learned that "a year from now" is the earliest that the plug-in hybrid SUV could reach our shores.

That means the Tesla Model X will arrive around the same time as the Outlander PHEV, mind you that is a full electric luxury SUV and totally different market segment I would say.

Back