Outlander PHEV MMCS Sat Nav and speed cameras

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peleep

hi there. Am almost done with deciding to go ahead with an order for a Outlander PHEV GX4H.

Can an existing owner tell me if the built in Sat Nav on the GX4h provides for audible speed camera warnings?

I previously had a Nissan Qashqai which had this feature and speed camera database built in. I've also had a Ranger Evoque which did not have this built in, however a speed camera database can be downloaded from a well known GPS speed camera website, and then added as a POI.

If for the Outlander PHEV it's the same as that of the Qashqai, then great!

If the situation for the Outlander PHEV sat nav and speed cameras is similar to that of the Ranger Evoque as described above, I would also appreciate any tips on how to load onto the MMCS Sat Nav, and in what format etc.

thanks again!

No they're not included and no I don't think there is currently a way to load custom (over and above charge points) POIs either

I asked the same question a while ago and was told adding a speed camera data base is not possible.

even though I have the GX4h, I have a windscreen mounted TomTom I use everyday. The MMCS satnav is awful and the traffic bit is good enough to tell you when you have arrived at the back of a long queue! Oh, and the instructions are barked at you by Helga from 'Allo 'Allo. I never use it. She terrifies me.

The tomtom (others just as good) is under €200 including lifetime maps, traffic and camera updates - so dont let the woeful satnav put you off a fabulous car!
HJB

I aggree , SATNAV is slow to Wake up ,and awfull ? why Mitsubishi for such an expensive hight tech car has chosen such a bad GPS is a mistery .
me too , now I use Waze with my iPhone !!
any idea when Mitsubishi will upgrade to a new provider ?

All,
Trust me when I say that the MMCS is a whole heap better in this car than the POS that they (and i used to) in the Ampera...
However I ag that the ability to have (g)speed camera warning would be nice, but as others have said there are plenty of other sources...

Cheers

g

At this point I'm sure everyone would be happy if every car just offered Apple Car Play and Android Auto as two options to the factory junk. The automakers get their $$$ cut because it's an option, and customers get much smoother working systems that are frequently updated and better integrated.

Honestly, I don't know what all this antipathy and hostility is towards the Sat Nav on the PHEV.

Coming from previous Touareg, RR Sport and Grand Cherokees, the PHEV MMCS seems a delight to use in comparison.

At the risk of being controversial, is it a generation thing..?

DarkMeister said:
Honestly, I don't know what all this antipathy and hostility is towards the Sat Nav on the PHEV.

Coming from previous Touareg, RR Sport and Grand Cherokees, the PHEV MMCS seems a delight to use in comparison.

At the risk of being controversial, is it a generation thing..?

Sorry but I cannot find an easy way with the sat nav so I use my old Tom tom. She really isn't ear candy ..

And the phone ... It's way behind many cars I have used recently, a fiesta Zetec is better equipped

Is there any way to easily search the phone book ?

Yes. use the "call" voice command and the lady will come up with two or three options -or a bunch of nonsense if you are unlucky, but mostly it works.

Back