Parking sensors vs. Camera...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DavidWolfy said:
Thanks Richard. I won't have that opportunity as it's a lease car through work, but good idea anyway.

I'm sort of drifting towards the G3 as it saves me £50 a month and none of the extra are really essential in the grand scheme. I would like the camera and DAB though!

For around $1.65 a day, you'll kick yourself every time you get in there... For my money I'd get the 4 personally...

DavidWolfy said:
Thanks Richard. I won't have that opportunity as it's a lease car through work, but good idea anyway.

I'm sort of drifting towards the G3 as it saves me £50 a month and none of the extra are really essential in the grand scheme. I would like the camera and DAB though!

How does the GX3 save £50 per month over the higher spec? Using the tax calc on comcar and assuming you're a 40% tax payer, I make the GX3 only £8/month cheaper than the GX4. Might be worth looking into a bit further! :)

DavidWolfy said:
Lease cost for G3 ~£265pcm and G4 £315. This is through my work salary sacrifice scheme.

Ah, ok - I guess that the rest of us were only thinking in terms of the BIK penalty, not you funding the cost of the vehicle out of your salary - those figures are broadly in line with the relative prices of the two vehicles.

If you can, go for the 4. The sunroof is well worth having (I use it all the time), heated seats are great although haven't tried them yet on the OPI. IMO the rear camera is less use than the rear sensors the dealer fitted (non-Mitsui)

You will probably appreciate the heated seats and the electric heater (with preheating) in winter. The 4 was a no brainer in value to me.

Kind regards,
Mark

Yes never mind the rear camera,the missus wants her heated seats,and that was a deal breaker,the 4 seems a much better option,and the sun roof,which is very rare in these aircon days is also very welcome.

My missus fancies the heated seats as well. Makes me feel like I've wet my pants though!

Plenty of 'nice to haves' on the 4, but are they £600pa nice enough, that's my dilemma...

Don't forget the 4 will have a higher residual value in years to come. Not an issue if you plan to keep it forever, but the £600pa will be less by the time you consider residual value of a future trade in or sale.

Back