PHEV Delivery Soon - Charging and Lights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Largehairydog

Hello all, I take delivery of my GX4H at the end of October and I'm quite excited, especially as this is a break from my normal kind of motoring. When I take delivery I will be charging the car in my garage via normal 13 amp socket. The socket sits on a 32amp spur running off the kitchen sockets. I will mainly be charging at night so risk of too many devices should be minimised. Within my garage and before the spur gets to any sockets etc. there is a single 13amp fuse box. Again, I assume that this shouldnt be a problem as from reading within here I gather that the current draw is about 10amps.

In due course Chargemaster will be installing a 16amp point, free of charge. Incidentally, it was BG who pointed me in their direction instead of charging me their £115. A welcome surprise.

Other question was about the driving lights at the front. I see that its possible to purchase a pair of LED units for the price of about £300 from Mitsubishi. This sounds quite expensive but in my view they do bring the car right bang up to date and give parity with other LED'ers on new cars now on the road. Does anybody know if it's possible to simply fit LED bulbs instead, has anybody done this and are they happy with the results, especially when day driving?

Thanks in advance for any advice and thanks for a great and informative forum. Now roll on October!

Regards

Ed

Hi Ed

Welcome! The DRLs have been discussed in a previous topic (although it was from a little while ago): http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=279

Hope that helps!

Many thanks, that helps. I'd also heard elsewhere that some folk had dabbled, with varying degrees of success with an even simpler bulb replacement.

Back