PHEV in Storage - How to Maintain 12V Battery Charge?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maby said:
Neverfuel said:
Don't think disconnecting the Aux battery is such a great idea. I have just been reading the emergency procedures manual and it says don't close the tailgate when the Aux battery is disconnected as you will not be able to re-open it. Never thought of the electronic lock :shock:

There will be a way of getting into it! I've not looked at the PHEV in detail, but I did have the aux battery fail in our Prius and had to get in - there's a mechanical key built into the fob that will open the driver's door, then it's a case of working your way back into the luggage area by folding seats. Once there, there will be an access cover that can be removed close to the lock mechanism which allows you to manually override it.
There is a little cover on the boot lid near the bottom, with a lever inside. I had to use it the other week when a towel got stuck in the mechanism and it wouldn't open using the buttons.

Back