Phone connection problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebirdUK

I have a problem with phone connection in my 2015 pre facelift Outlander. Using voice, we get as far as the system saying 'dialling', then nothing. The aerial connection in the centre display changes to having a cross over it when it says that, although sometimes it’s with a cross from the start. I previously deleted the phone and then added it again, also the phone has two SIMS so I disabled one but no change. This now happens wherever I am so I don’t think its network coverage. I checked the aerial was tight but suspect that’s only for radio. I have no idea where to start looking, any advice gratefully received.

A few days previously my Samsung S10 phone had a software update so I assumed it was something to do with that.

The phone has had two SIM cards in it for several months with no problems.

Got in the car this morning to see if I could receive an incoming call as BBB sugested, but the aerial icon stayed solid and I was able to make and recieve calls. Drove a couple of miles and tried again, the system got as far as saying ‘dialling’ then the aerial icon changed to a red X across it and the call failed.

I noticed that the second SIM had become active again so I disabled it again.

Tried again an hour later, the icon had the X permanently and the system said there was no network available.

I removed the second SIM and just went out to try again and I was able to make and receive calls.

I’m wondering it its to do with the second SIM plus the software update.

Being cynical I’m not convinced its fixed so will try extensively tomorrow

Thanks BBB

You're welcome.

I don't think the second SIM has anything to do with it, as this is a phone-only parameter.

It could be the Android update, but I think it's unlikely. I've used every version up to and including Android 10 and never had such an issue.

Next step is to pair and try a different handset. ;)

Sounds good, please do report back.

As it's a 4h, I assume you have MMCS rather than the basic head unit?

If it helps, I'm not too far from you (Hertfordshire) if you want to try my handset, and try yours on my (non-Mitsubishi) stereo.

bigbaldbloke, phone connction has been fine all day today.
Seems to be something to do with the software update, the two SIMs had been fine before that.
After i disabled one SIM it somehow enabled itself again, which possibly made the problem seem intermittant.
Its been fine since i removed one SIM.
But somehow it doesnt add up, I will have to see how it is for a while.

The car does have the MMCS.
I apreciate your offer and your interest with this problem bigbaldbloke.
If the problem returns i will let you know.
Thanks again
Phil

Back