Power to Fully Charge?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my dealer about battery replacement outside warranty, each cell is replaceable individually at a current cost of £80 each

I haven't seen a price for a replacement battery pack yet
I was quoted 8 units at £250 / unit by the dealer and he said you only need to change the failed units, not necessarily all 8 at once.

Rocket, you type faster than me and I'll get my replacements from your dealer when I need them, not mine :shock:

Hi
Since there are 80 batteries that would give a total replacement cost of £6400.
Kind regards
Mark

avensys said:
Hi
Since there are 80 batteries that would give a total replacement cost of £6400.
Kind regards
Mark

That is figure I would have expected - these are heavy duty battery packs!

maddogsetc said:
80 batteries
Dealer told me there were 8? :?
Hi,
There are 10 battery modules, and each contains 8 cells.
If it is £250 per module total cost is £2500.
If it is £80 per cell then total cost is £6400.
This is from: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/production_phev/

Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle_battery#Lithium_ion) seems to give Li-Ion prices as between about 500-800USD per KWh so that would give a price range of £3,750-£6,000. It doesn't mention if that is resale cost or cost of manufacture. So the £6,400 retail price to replace all cells sounds plausible while the £2,500 price sounds too cheap. Unless Mitubishi are heavily subsidising the battery costs even for spares.

I tried (but not very hard) to find out the replacement battery costs before buying but all I came across was Mitsubishi saying they wouldn't quote a price now as the batteries had a 5 year warranty and in 5 years time the costs would be significantly lower than now so there was no point in giving a price.

Kind regards,
Mark

Back