punctures

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

got the fist one at only 3 months the glue kit is useless, no one stocks this tyres they are an order only and thats no the same day either.

hoping to try and get it fixed.

could have been stranded if away from home.

Interesting, I may invest in a can of puncture repair goop!

What failed? What was your puncture mode?

Cheers

NAPpy

outofyorkshire said:
I carry something similar to this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131347923073?

good at repairing the odd nail or screw type puncture
I use those on my motorbike and they've proved invaluable. Really easy to use. Not thought about in the car. Might have to get another set.

I was not aware of the puncture till warning came up on the dash [r/os tyre was flat]

First thing the tyre fitter said was the tyre might be a wright off,they have weak walls not strong enought to drive on. I said i only drove off the driveway then stopped as the warning came up then only on/off the low loader.

If there is no spare wheel why did mitsubishi not fit tyres that can drive at low speed to get you to a garage or home.

good news the hole was plugged [had been a screw], walls not damaged. But a warning the tyres are not strong enough to drive if you puncture.

duetto said:
I was not aware of the puncture till warning came up on the dash [r/os tyre was flat]

First thing the tyre fitter said was the tyre might be a wright off,they have weak walls not strong enought to drive on. I said i only drove off the driveway then stopped as the warning came up then only on/off the low loader.

If there is no spare wheel why did mitsubishi not fit tyres that can drive at low speed to get you to a garage or home.

good news the hole was plugged [had been a screw], walls not damaged. But a warning the tyres are not strong enough to drive if you puncture.

Every tyre fitter will try to sell you new ones. Just insist on what you think is right.

Invested in a real spare tyre and a plug repair kit and the 4 x tyre pressure measuring caps. No longer fear a flat tyre now. Spare will live in the car until I notice the cost of driving around with it all the time. Inconvenience has a very high cost to me. Not many tow trucks where I live and the tyres are not normally stocked and need to be ordered in special. Will be looking into other size tyre options when the time comes.

tun said:
duetto said:

Every tyre fitter will try to sell you new ones. Just insist on what you think is right.
Depends on your tyres I would say. I had it delivered on run-flat Contis.

Back