Radio FM RANGE only up to 90.0?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

This is a serious problem for me!
I always hate when I get the original Japanese FM range on my vehicle!
I have only three stations to listen to,and I like only one of em.
The other two are just too slow for me :lol:
Any mod or setting to extend my FM RANGE upto 108.0?
Do y'all have upto 108.0?

Yes, the Australian version has the full range.

I'm beginning to feel very sad for you, is your car an ex Japanese taxi or suchlike?

:cry:

AndyInOz said:
Yes, the Australian version has the full range.

I'm beginning to feel very sad for you, is your car an ex Japanese taxi or suchlike?

:cry:

I got it Brand New from Japan.
It's a domestic version :roll:

Well...it says it's not compatible, but they be because the simply don't know for sure.

I would pull the radio unit out and see if if has a standard car aerial connector - if so, I'm sure the converter will work.

Once the unit is out, you could have a look to see if there's a switch - it could be inside so you'd have to part dismantle the unit - that switches the range. It could just be that the units are identical for all markets and there's a range switch - could even be a hidden setup menu?

Hopefully those on here who may have service manuals or know about hidden config menus will comment.

You say that the car is a brand new Japanese domestic market model, would you be kind enough to let us know where in the world you are located, as this often helps readers to understand the reasoning behind questions and offer best advice.

Thank you.

Steel188 said:
You say that the car is a brand new Japanese domestic market model, would you be kind enough to let us know where in the world you are located, as this often helps readers to understand the reasoning behind questions and offer best advice.

Thank you.

I live in Sri Lanka.
The reason for buying a domestic version,
I ordered my Outlander in 2015 October,and I received it in 2016 Jan.
My local dealer got down his first Outlander last week!
And that doesn't have the aero body kit!which I love the most!
So thats the main reason for me to buy a japanese domestic version.
:D

NS633 said:
Steel188 said:

Thank you.

I live in Sri Lanka.

Makes a change - a third world problem :lol:

greendwarf said:
NS633 said:
Steel188 said:

Thank you.

I live in Sri Lanka.

Makes a change - a third world problem :lol:

Yeah but I got mine from the Japanese market,so couldn't be different from the others!

Back