Rear seat height

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsuphevman

Is it me or are the back seats a bit low?

I'm only 5'10 but head touches the ceiling....maybe it's something to do with the sunroof.

Anybody else experience this or is there a height adjust function I'm missing out on?

If your head touches the ceiling, I would think the rear seats are high, not low :mrgreen:

Perhaps you have a relatively tall upper body / short legs? I am a bit taller than you, but I don't think my head will touch the ceiling.

My PHEV's back seats were bolt upright when it arrived, found it much more comfortable when reclined an inch or two. That might change your overall height?

LondonLass said:
My PHEV's back seats were bolt upright when it arrived, found it much more comfortable when reclined an inch or two. That might change your overall height?

Same here - recline the seat just a little and the headroom increases a lot. I don't think it is specifically the angle - when you recline the seat, your head is further back in the car and misses the bulge in the roof for the sunroof mechanism.

SolarBoy said:
What ... the rear seats move ... nobody told me about this!

... goes off to take a look

They recline - not sure how far, but I thought I had read something about being able to flatten all the seats and arrive at a double bed sized sleeping area. They do not move fore and aft.

SolarBoy said:

Yep - they do indeed recline and i'm reliably informed by my back seat passengers that the recline is most appreciated and comfy. My son is 6'3" and has no problems when he is in the back, but the seats are reclined.

Note that there are two positions in which you can install the luggage area cover - if you intend to recline the seats, make sure that it is in the rear position.

SolarBoy said:

That's why I love posting or reading the simple stuff, sometimes you get a little gem.

maby said:
SolarBoy said:

They recline - not sure how far, but I thought I had read something about being able to flatten all the seats and arrive at a double bed sized sleeping area. They do not move fore and aft.
Not very far if you have a dog guard fitted!
I think the double bed is formed by folding the seats FORWARD. not that I have tried it. Gave up those sorts of shenanigans years ago! ;)

Carnut said:

I think the double bed is formed by folding the seats FORWARD. not that I have tried it. Gave up those sorts of shenanigans years ago! ;)

Hmmm, not sure I remember any actual shenanigans either, but the ability to flatten the seats to create a bed has been useful in the fairly recent past when catching an early ferry - far prefer to drive to the port the night before and get a decent sleep before boarding than have to go out of the house at 2am, drive five hours, get onto a bumpy ferry tired, then still face another eight hours driving across France!

maby said:
Carnut said:

but the ability to flatten the seats to create a bed has been useful in the fairly recent past when catching an early ferry - far prefer to drive to the port the night before and get a decent sleep before boarding than have to go out of the house at 2am, drive five hours, get onto a bumpy ferry tired, then still face another eight hours driving across France!

Isn't that what hotels are for? :lol:

Back