Ridiculous Charge Cost graph

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vpctv

Does anybody else think the charge cost indicators are nonsensical ? The daily charge graph has a y axis that tops out at $180. Nobody is spending that much charging their car unless they are paying $18 /kW which is madness. It would be nice if the Mitsubishi engineers could change these axis indicators into something more realistic so we could see accurate bar charts of our charging. The monthly graph tops out at $1800. Anybody spending those amounts of money would be better off driving a Hummer..
Please Mitsubishi update the graph indices.!!!

I agree it's madness. I also think that other graphs could be improved for better viability and understanding of how the kWh are consumed and regenerated.

It's all about software so hopefully it's better in the next update.

/k

I have mentioned this months ago and it seems to only be related to AUS shipped cars. I simply put my power cost [$0.35/kWh] into the car as $35/kWh. The graphs do become meaningful. There is a maximum of about $500 for the Y-axis and the minimum of $180. Maybe the cost was set up for Yen and not dollars. I would rather the numbers just relate to kWh, and forget about costs.

Hi all,

I thought I would chime in on this one as I have the exact same issue where the short term charge cost graph scale is fixed at $180 and the long term graph shows $3600.

Made a call to Mitsubishi HQ who then directed me to call the dealer, spoke and met with Micheal from Alan Mance Mitsubishi in Footscray, VIC.

I was able to show him the problem on my PHEV (base model), we even jumped into the Aspire model they had on the showroom floor to confirm the find. The Aspire was even worse off with short term showing up as $270 and long term as $5400!!!

This is a feature I understood as being available at the time of buying so I'm not willing to let this one go, Micheal is being uber helpful and we're both attacking the issue to find a fix.

I'd recommend visiting your dealers also just to flag it with them, hopefully this way Mitsubishi will pay attention and provide a solution sooner rather than later.

Will keep the thread updated with any news.

My navdata was updated at the last service to version 2014 A at Brighton Mitsubishi in Melbourne, and I can confirm the graph is fixed with this update, suggest you get one of your 2 free updates done before you start thumping tables :? .

gwatpe said:
I would rather the numbers just relate to kWh, and forget about costs.

Quite easy : put your power cost at 10 $ instead of 35 $

In european cars it seems that the best "cost" for solving this scale's issue is a lower cost (instead of a bigger one as in yours) : I've finally choosen 0,10 € and it's ok.
And 0,10 yen is not better ;)

There is a bug in AUS shipped cars that is now fixed in the upgrade to MMCS to AB 2015. Hopefully new cars will work out of the box.

Back