Service charges in GB, any thoughts - Cardinal

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardinal

It's a 2015 car on a 64 plate and will need to consider about going to a Mitsu dealer for it's next service OR to the Multi-group main dealer that I got the Outlander from as it has a 3-year warranty via them anyway. Incidentely they do have electric cars in their portfolio that they do service - professionally - I'm told.

I just wondered what the usual cost for a (say) 10.000ml service is likely to be, and what do they do for that amount anyway, as I have been verbally quoted from a Mitsu dealer £250.00 'ish??

Thanks again for all your help and assitance thus far; I'm still trying to plough though the hundereds of posts on the Charge/Save subject, but think most of you are correct, use Save when appropriate, keep using B0-B5 and otherwise 'let it do it's own thing'!!

Kind regards to all you professionls far more knowledgeable than me.
....the Cardinal..

Mine had a 2 year service last November at Close Motor Company - Corby Mitsubishi. Cost was £292 total. Included: Engine oil (fully synthetic 5W/30 @ £33.00), oil filter, brake fluid change, pollen filter (air con), EV system service (not sure - probably plugging into a laptop to check for any errors). They also fixed the winter cabin pre-heater timer which wasn't working reliably, but has ever since. I'm guessing there's a good chance the aircon will need it's gas and oil changing next time (year 3) as the PHEV needs fully operational aircon for battery cooling.

I was perfectly happy with the service I received from Corby Mitsubishi and will take my PHEV there for its next service. (I have no connection with Corby Mitsubishi, they just happen to be my closest Mitsubishi dealer). The 3 year pre-paid service package is only availabe on new PHEV's I think, and so you're only likely to benefit if the original owner paid upfront for this option, and if they didn't stick to the prescibed service schedule it would be void anyway.

Back