Speed Camera Locations on Sat Nav ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddavenpo

I'm a new Outlander PHEV driver and still finding my way around. Generally it's a good car and nice to drive (if thirsty on petrol) but my main complaint so far is that there are no speed camera locations on the sat nav, making it relatively useless in my opinion, as it looks like I will therefore have to continue using my existing dash mounted Garmin too and if I have to use that for speed cameras, I might as well also use that for navigation when I need that too. I have seen a few posts about adding speed camera POIs but nothing definitive. It looks like they are stored on the SD card flash so in theory it should be possible to add them if someone could find out the format and a way of updating the SD card, but I suspect its not as easy as it sounds. Has anyone managed to do this ?
Thanks

That is not possible as far as we know. The reason is probably that it is illegal in Germany. You will have to revert to an alternative like a phone app, or a Stinger.
The maximum speed display on the SatNav it pretty accurate I find, and the speed limiter is effective as well. That should keep the involuntary donations to the State Budget to a minimum.

How about reverting to the traditional alternative of driving within the speed limit? Then your car might not be so thirsty on petrol - cure two problems at once! ;)
H

Hypermiler said:
How about reverting to the traditional alternative of driving within the speed limit? Then your car might not be so thirsty on petrol - cure two problems at once! ;)
H
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The only way to do it is through an *.FDL file extension and this is from what I can make out a scripted location poi not like a normal poi. There is a way but in reality the time it would take to add the function would mean that it would not be free to anyone.

My initial thoughts was the FDL file would be easy to open and add extra long and lat codes but alas this is not the situation.

It will take a lot of effort to do, I may have a bash but on the basis that it was not sorted on the last system I doubt it will be something anyone would really want to do.

When I get my car delivered I will start stripping back the sat nav as I want to initially back it up as I did with my current car. Will be interesting to have a play but not sure if I can be bothered to hack the system enough to add batches of POI...

rkde said:
The only way to do it is through an *.FDL file extension and this is from what I can make out a scripted location poi not like a normal poi. There is a way but in reality the time it would take to add the function would mean that it would not be free to anyone.

My initial thoughts was the FDL file would be easy to open and add extra long and lat codes but alas this is not the situation.

It will take a lot of effort to do, I may have a bash but on the basis that it was not sorted on the last system I doubt it will be something anyone would really want to do.

When I get my car delivered I will start stripping back the sat nav as I want to initially back it up as I did with my current car. Will be interesting to have a play but not sure if I can be bothered to hack the system enough to add batches of POI...

So..have you received your car yet? Any luck adding own POIs like speed cameras?

not got the car yet but I have a copy of the sat nav software. The only way I can think of doing it so far is to make a program which turns longitude latitude positions into a program

Other way I was trying was to add points through the back end of the software which may be easier...

Get the car on the 7th and then I will be trying to work out stuff like the POI and adding a few extra features to the system.
I have a pile of parts ready to fit when the car turns up and modifications waiting as I have time.

Back