suicidal satnav

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyefieldguy

Is there any way to change the sat nav voice? She sounds suicidal, which is a shame in such a positive car!

I wonder if it is the same or different in AU spec vehicles. The sound of lady in my AU spec PHEV is very pleasent

I hope it is different in Australia. I can't imagine you antipodeans putting up with the bossiness of this woman. It's almost as though she's just got up and hasn't had her first cup of coffee yet.

Mr Hindley, this was not supposed to be a bashing women post. On the whole I prefer a woman's voice on my sat nav. It's just that this one - whether male or female - sounds like death warmed up.
I am surprised that as a moderator of this forum you feel it appropriate to make sexist jokes about shoe shops. I'm a man and funnily enough I sometimes need to buy shoes too.

lyefieldguy said:
Mr Hindley, this was not supposed to be a bashing women post. On the whole I prefer a woman's voice on my sat nav. It's just that this one - whether male or female - sounds like death warmed up.
I am surprised that as a moderator of this forum you feel it appropriate to make sexist jokes about shoe shops. I'm a man and funnily enough I sometimes need to buy shoes too.

Not bashing women, I am happily married to one, just keeping things lighthearted. Apologies to all those without a sense of humour. :mrgreen:

lyefieldguy said:
I hope it is different in Australia. I can't imagine you antipodeans putting up with the bossiness of this woman. It's almost as though she's just got up and hasn't had her first cup of coffee yet.

Only thing bothers me is that sometimes even though I do what she says, she repeats the instruction again. Such as; it says make a left turn, I do, after making the turn it repeats turn left instruction :evil:

Back