The Gx3h has anyone got one?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ianrlangley

I am currently looking at purchasing the outlander Phev, but cannot justify the extra cost of the gx4h over the 3, for a load of features I won't use (except the heater!).

Does anyone on here own a gx3h that can give me some feedback regarding what they think of it and now often the car is using battery. My local dealer said if you Are wanting to heat or cool down the car in the 3h it will use the petrol engine, which would be all the time as you generally want some form of control over temperature in a car, but said the 4h is pure electric so won't use the engine, is this correct? As it seems completely pointless there ever been the 3 if you always need the petrol engine, it may a sell just be petrol? If you could correct me or advise that would be great. I have also not seen an interior on the 3 but appreciate it doesn't have the fancy screen in dash but am sure it would be useless after a week anyway, and presume you can view everything where the speedo is that you need to?

Thanks all!
Ian

Ianrlangley said:
I am currently looking at purchasing the outlander Phev, but cannot justify the extra cost of the gx4h over the 3, for a load of features I won't use (except the heater!).

Does anyone on here own a gx3h that can give me some feedback regarding what they think of it and now often the car is using battery. My local dealer said if you Are wanting to heat or cool down the car in the 3h it will use the petrol engine, which would be all the time as you generally want some form of control over temperature in a car, but said the 4h is pure electric so won't use the engine, is this correct? As it seems completely pointless there ever been the 3 if you always need the petrol engine, it may a sell just be petrol? If you could correct me or advise that would be great. I have also not seen an interior on the 3 but appreciate it doesn't have the fancy screen in dash but am sure it would be useless after a week anyway, and presume you can view everything where the speedo is that you need to?

Thanks all!
Ian

I've got the Gx3 on order as a lease vehicle. The Gx4 for me was £93 dearer per month £370 inc vat compared with £277 I am paying. The only thing that bothers me is heating, I plan to buy a cheap elec heater to pre heat the inside on cold days to minimise engine run, not sure how effective it will be.

The GX3h seems to have the same aircon as the GX4h, so no reason for it to run the engine any more than the higher end model in the summer. It does not have the electric heating, so you will either run the engine more in the winter or travel cold.

There are other differences - another poster here recently was annoyed to find that his GX3h does not include the programmable charge timers that allow you to take advantage of cheap Economy 7 electricity. The Outlander is a highly configurable car and if you don't have the MMCS of the GX4h, you may be dependent on your dealer to reconfigure it for you.

lots of companies broker to Lex
Even some of the main mitsibushi dealers.

Just google Lex & Vanarama for example & see how many linked in profiles get returned!

Im looking at 4 year lease & my quotes are £250/300 exc/inc for the Gx3 & £305/366 exc/inc for the Gx4
Oh & 20k per year miles!

Hi

Had one for a month now.

Have a look at the specs for the other 2 options and see if anything is somthing you must have.

The heater will use either petrol or battery unless it's used while plugged in.

If you start the engine, the heater is hot in minutes.

The sat nav is probably no better than removable units.

The reversing camera seems to have it's issues.

The lane departure in mine is activated by paying attention, same with the collision avoidance.

Had sun roofs before and can't remember ever driving with one open.

Pressing the little button on the boot releases it and it opens itself.

Leather would be nice, but the cloth is fine.

Personaly think the screen in the middle may be a distraction, but would be a good pose for passengers.

Having said that I think everyone will quite rightly love what they have got.

Best mpg 146, overall average on 1100 miles just under 70! What's not to love.

Cheers

Chris

PS If you get Black get a good chamois or mirofibre cloth and dry as soon as rinsed.

Eggtastico said:

Just google Lex & Vanarama for example & see how many linked in profiles get returned!

Im looking at 4 year lease & my quotes are £250/300 exc/inc for the Gx3 & £305/366 exc/inc for the Gx4
Oh & 20k per year miles!

I believe mine is coming from Mitsubishi in Doncaster, it is on a 3+47 lease. @£278 per month although I have added the service plan for an extra £10 per month so £288 inc 3 year service. Bargain!! :mrgreen:

Agree with Black been a bugger to clean, they look great when polished up but "been there done that" :shock: That's one of the reasons I went for white the other being black absorbs heat so may need more cooling in the summer hence less EV range. :?

chindley said:
Eggtastico said:

Oh & 20k per year miles!

I believe mine is coming from Mitsubishi in Doncaster, it is on a 3+47 lease. @£278 per month although I have added the service plan for an extra £10 per month so £288 inc 3 year service. Bargain!! :mrgreen:

Agree with Black been a bugger to clean, they look great when polished up but "been there done that" :shock: That's one of the reasons I went for white the other being black absorbs heat so may need more cooling in the summer hence less EV range. :?

my quote was from my local mitsu dealer - let slip they was waiting to hear from lex. I knew instantly then as my Bank keep trying to push a car to me via lex. He also let slip lex purchase price... quite a big discount they get!

Hi guys, thank you all for your time to reply. I have decided after your help to go for the gx3h. I will have to see if I can beat the £320pm inc vat over 3 years as you all seem to have been offered fantastic deals!

Thanks again.
Ian

Hi there

Congratulations on taking the plunge. I have had a gx3h for a month now and so far its been very good. I actually ordered black leather as an option, which I like. I really wasn't too fussed about not having the multi function telly, in fact I like fact the 3h cabin is quite understated. There seem to be a lot of usability issues with the standard sat nav so I'm also happy using my Tom Tom.

Re no electric heater. In the 3h the engine seems to sometimes start for a few minutes just to warm itself up to feed the cabin heat exchanger ( the same as a conventional car ) even though the battery may be completely charged. If you press the eco button the engine will stop. Using an OBDII live data reader I found in this warm up mode it seems to run at 1100 rpm (pretty quietly ) until it reaches a coolant temperature of 65 C.

Cheers

Really pleased to have came across this forum. Have been scanning around the various posts ever since I went up for a test drive in a GX4H at the weekend and I have found plenty of answers to questions the dealer kind of confused me about.

Like a lot on here, on paper I do not see a lot of worth in opting for the GX4H over the GX3H. This is were my dilemma comes in, my test drive in the GX4H was fantastic, i loved the overall feel of the car and the interior and gadgets etc. Coming from Northern Ireland, there is only one Mitsu dealership close to me and they only had the GX4H model as a display model.

I had so many questions in my head to ask the dealer but ended up coming away with so many unanswered questions and luckily have had most of them answered on this wonderful forum.

Things I would love help on are:
On the G3XH am I right that there is no multi-function central screen showing detailed info of charge, usage, eco drving etc etc. Are all these functions still available from the main speedo dash?

Also, the demo model had the lovely leather interior. Is there any photos (stock or user photos) of what the cloth interior looks like. The dealer I asked was unable to show any samples etc and I would love to have a first hand view.

Hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction with those queries.

Thanks,
Graham

Yes you still have most of the info. Economy. Eco tree. Energy flow mpg. Etc. you dont get the kWh cost
Here's the leather look/ cloth interior
2zso3v5.jpg

Looking at the manual, it seems that the greater impact of not having the MMCS is restrictions on your ability to configure the car. If you read through the manual you will find quite a few comments to the effect that this parameter can be set to meet driver requirements. Consult your local dealer. Owners of vehicles equipped with an MMCS can set the value through the screen interface.

Back